“Good and cheap hostel in Auckland”

Nomads Auckland Backpackers Hostel
Reviewed 31 August 2017

I really enjoyed my stay in the hostel, very clean with a really good service. I took a bed in 12 dorms and usually they`re messy, smelly but I find that one perfect, in order. Only thing was that the spa and sauna wasn`t working. I would appreciate more my stay if I could have use it. ahahahah

Room Tip: quiet floors, nice rooms, large rooms
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Excellent stay, the people on reception were very helpful and friendly, especially the new French girl she was very helpful and chatty. Made us feel very welcome! Bed was comfy and washing machines were good and dryer was good. I have stayed at many hostels as I am a regular traveler and Nomads is definitely in my top 5! It even has a rooftop with a jacuzzi!!! So much so we are going to come back and stay as our Kitchen sink Kiwi Experience tour bus has us coming back to Auckland for another night, best place for all transport routes and places to eat and go out. Honestly, stay at Nomads. It's one of the cheaper hostels which surprised me and it's awesome. Perfect in fact

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2017

The location of this hostel is ideal - right in central CBD, very close to the train station, Queens wharf and bus stop to the airport. But with this central location it can get noisy especially at weekends.
Checkin was quick and staff were always very friendly and welcoming throughout my stay.
I had a double room to myself - the room was very tiny and needed a good clean. There was also an issue with the balcony door which had been damaged and didn't fully close and thus the room was very noisy as it was above the bars.
Nice view from the rooftop terrace.
Overall this hostel needs a massive update on the interior. The location is very good but the hostel is not to the standard of many others.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Never very impressed with nomads hostels but felt the need to review this one.

Main problem was the bunks beds - the space between bottom and top bunk is at least half the space of normal beds. When lying down I couldn't stretch my arm upwards. They're very cramped!

Toilet paper is rubbish!

Wi-Fi costs money.

Positives -
Rooms were clean, And reception staff were great.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

I have stayed in worse nomad properties in Australia but still.
Location is great for the stray and kiwi bus pickups which is a selling point and it's cheap.
Room was empty when arrived but still stunk of sweaty feet, blood specks on sheet and minimal plugs in room for 8 people.
The kitchen is way too small for the amount of rooms and atleast half of the cooking hobs did not work.
There were also lots of long termers living here.
Thankfully for one night only

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo