“Wow - I wish I could eat like this every day!”
Review of Cafe Abyssinia

Cafe Abyssinia
Ranked #366 of 2,420 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 November 2017

I was with a group of three other people. I never even knew this place existed before this visit. What a wonderful experience.

We shared lots of different dishes and there was plenty! Every mouthful was delicious, I couldn't find one that wasn't pleasing to my palate. Really interesting flavours that were much tastier than they looked at times.

We all managed to squeeze in some dessert as well, and everything was delicious. I would totally come back again with some more friends. Probably not so suited to eating alone, this food begs to be shared.

The young lady who waited on us was very knowledgeable about the food and answered all of our questions (we had a lot) in a very friendly and warm manner.

I'm looking forward to returning.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Cafe Abyssinia reflects an emerging trend and broader repetoire of ethnic restaurants in Auckland. This was our second visit and is now firmly established on our list of eateries when we are in the neighbourhood. The food is delicious but also forms part of a unique experience. Coffees are also exceptional.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

if you looking for something a bit different Café Abyssinia is worth a visit. located at the back of an old school strip mall its a little tricky to find but once your there its well worth the time. its an eating experience not found anywhere else in Auckland from what I have found. the food was great and eating with your fingers was certainly different. not only was the food good but at $53 for 2 of us it was also great value and we were both stuffed by the end.

Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

Nice food surprises do really happen. Someone told us about this little Ethiopian restaurant some months ago but it was not until we accidentally ended up in the neighbourhood that we decided to give it a try. I can tell for sure it was a new, interesting and flavoursome experience. We came with four friends and decided to order all mains in the menu. All dishes arrived at the same time to be put on top of a very nice bed of Ethiopian bread. We ate with our hands and loved every minute of it. The flavours were truly unique, a mixture between Indian and African influences but not on the spicy side of the equation. My only criticism is that the portions were a little bit small for my liking. Overall an excellent and cheap option for an informal lunch or dinner.

1  Thank Guillermo M
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

I have never tried food from this region of the world. I wasn't sure what to expect. What i got was greatness on some kind of metal plate. So great that as far as my tastebuds are concerned, all other cuisines will now be considered dumpster trash.

2  Thank hey l