Little Bird Organics and The Unbakery
Ranked #2 of 70 Dessert in Auckland Central
Price range: USD 3 - USD 14
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A little birdie told us food should be three things:mostly raw, definitely organic and full of goodness. So here at little bird we do just that and with all that combined, the result is pure deliciousness. Why raw? Raw foods are in their purest state- no heating above 46'C. This ensures the food retains all its enzymes and nutrients and its life force, which means every bite contain more goodness for your body. Organic foods are grown without harmful chemicals. No chemicals in the food means no chemicals in your food or environment. Goodness, because food should be good for you, packed with all the nutrition you need to feel fabulous. Goodness tastes good too. We are completely gluten and dairy free and proudly serve plant based menus that suit anybody really as well as vegans, vegetarians and healthy minded people looking for an easy way to include more goodness and nutrition in their diet.
Reviewed 29 July 2015

This little treasure of a truly Green Organic Raw Food, Dairy, Gluten and Sugar free Restaurant lived totally up to my expectations. It is beautifully decorated with a natural green design. I was lucky and got placed on a 2 person dining table without any waiting time by the very friendly staff welcoming their guests walking up the few stairs. Once I decided on my order, which was not easy, as I would have liked to sample every meal and drink on the menu, I was surprised how quickly my lunch, courgette layered lasagne, arrived. The berry smoothy was amazing, so thick that the extra big straw stuck in the middle of the glass without moving over. As a true coffee lover (flat white) I gave the special herbal coffee a go and was pleasantly surprised of how coffee like it tasted. I ordered the nut milk to go with it too. Of course I could not resist the wonderful variety of all the cakes and slices in the counter vitrine. I decided on the raspberry cheese cake, it was sooo delicious. I will definitely come back and go through the rest of the menu over time. I hope we will be luck one day to have the Unbakery Restaurant in Wellington. I am sure there will be plenty of support in the Capital!! I really admire their creativity in creating all these new food ideas. Well done Megan!

Reviewed 19 July 2015

Raw gets a bit sugary here as they specialise in raw treats, as that's what people love. The hot chocolate was a bit bland, the tart was yummy, salad good too. Not much room to sit.

Reviewed 16 July 2015

I recently picked up some takeaway food after a recommendation from a friend. I ordered the tacos and a cacao smoothie- they were a nutritious and delicious lunch. I also ordered the Choc Raspberry Cheesecake - it was fantastic - would absolutely order it again.
This will become a regular for me when I visit. keep up the good work!

Reviewed 16 July 2015 via mobile

We were blown away with how fantastic Little Bird was, we'd heard great things & it definitely lives up to the hype!

There is a real variety of choice which is quite unique for a plant/Vege/raw based eatery.

The food is bursting with flavour, so fresh! I had a Mexican plate & matcha latte- both divine.

It can be very busy so be prepared to wait for a table - it's worth it!

Reviewed 16 July 2015 via mobile

I love having a whole menu that is gluten free and vegan to choose from! Refreshing to go to a cafe and not just have to order mushrooms on toast!