All reviews sky tower one bedroom apartment short walk viaduct basin central location queen street would stay again city harbour dishwasher roomy wharf motorway concert britomart
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Arrived expecting a really nice place to spend a couple of nights before our cruise.
Found a extremely small room, a bed as hard and as comfortable as sleeping on the ground, a bathroom where you could not open the door due to the toilet being right there - closing the door saw you having to squeeze yourself between the basin and wall to get the door to pass. The shower was over a bath. The towel rail was hanging out of the wall - still connected to the hollow wall anchors. The bath has a shower curtain that is too small and was narrow and has not got anywhere for your face cloth, shampoo or razor.
The road noise is amazingly loud so that you could not sleep even if you wanted too.
I brought my own pillow - and that was my only saving grace.
My husband did not and has awoken with a very stiff neck and needing some intervention.
The walls are disgusting and look like they have never been cleaned.
The paint is coming off the walls and doors and there is a dent in the wall that looks as though has been there for some time.
The TV is an old grainy TV with a very bad picture and a remote that is not in English. The channels offered are extremely basic and not what other hotels of this price range offer.
For the price we had paid for this place I would expect so much more.
I would not recommend to anyone and I am disappointed that I had paid for the booking before the stay as the listing said it had everything we wanted to be pampered for a couple of days...
This is worth $120 a night maximum.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank JustineFW
Reviewed 4 April 2018

The room was clean,and had everything you need, in apartment style room,but the room we had was a little pokey, like a maze.Great location, 10 minute walk to the waterfront.The staff were very helpful and friendly.Breakfast available in room or in the little cafe downstairs on the ground floor.

Room tip: Have a room above the 4th floor , not on the street side for a view
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank leo1957win
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Great location but very dated. Wasn't happy with the blood specs on my pillow but this was recified immediately. Big room and bed was comfy, unfortunately the drapes were light and when closed they didn't block light from the street.. recommend eye masks.
Shower pressure was great, sink tap was crap as it sprayed everywhere.
Most of all just needed a spruce up as very dated and old.. but other wise good price and great location.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2018

We chose this hotel last minute reservation, great location and value. We had a fantastic experience. The breakfast was included giving great value. Parking was expensive, however, understandable as it is located in the city.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 20 March 2018

Had stop over for 2 days to see the viaduct and central Auckland had a great time seeing the sites and restaurants plus we got to see the Volvo ocean yachts starting their next leg we watched it from one of the waterfront bars.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple