We checked in to a 4 bed dorm for two nights. When we arrived we were advised we had been upgraded to a twin. Result!!
The room was small but clean. Showers on each floor.
The cooking facilities I thought were amazing, at least 8 4 ring burners the most I have seen in 10 months of travelling. Loads of pots and pans, cutlery and plates etc. 4 fridges and loads of seating to eat.
The hostel is about a 20 minute walk from the quay but its ok, and if you cant be bothered there is a 50c bus (the red one)
The hostel also did a deal on a taxi tot he airport for $35 so with two of us that was cheaper than two bus tickets for the airport bus and its faster!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- YHA Auckland City is the ideal backpacker hostel to start or finish your New Zealand adventure. The hostel combines the excitement of the city with a safe and secure environment. Located at the top of Auckland’s Queen Street, this former hotel has backpacker accommodation comprising mainly twin and double rooms with some multi-share rooms and some of our rooms have views over Auckland city. There is a sun deck on the 3rd floor with a BBQ. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, lastminute.com.au, Agoda, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your YHA Auckland City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auckland City Yha Hotel Auckland Central
- YHA Auckland City New Zealand