“What a night.”

Cordis, Auckland
Ranked #5 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 April 2012

My children shouted my wife and I a night at the Langham on our 30th wedding anniversary. From the moment we walked through the door I thought "Wow this place is great". It was like walking into a palace. The staff were great we checked in with no fuss and they bought us the bottle of Champagne the kids had bought for us nice an cold. The room was great, classy but not overstated and the beds were extremely comfortable. Unfortunately I was recovering from a dislocated leg the day before and was still in some pain but the beds were comfortable and I was able to relax. Not feeling like going to the dining room, we ordered room service and it was great, the food was delicious. I watched some tv while my wife luxuriated in a bubble bath. The next morning we went down to breakfast and WOW. What a spread it was amazing how much food they had available for the guests to eat. I am a tour guide in Auckland and we pick up alot of clients from The Langham and they all rave about it as well. If you are to very comfortable surroundings and the better things in life The Langham is definitely the place for you to stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wayne T
Write a ReviewReviews (4,455)

Reviewed 11 April 2012

Wow - the Chandeleir in the foyer is better in person - heated pool, large spa pool and his/her sauna and a herbal steam room, lovely complimentary toiletries. I would definately stay here again !!

Room Tip: a room with a view would have been the icing on the cake so ask for city/sea views if you can. Easy...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NewZealandGypsy
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Upon visiting the Langham you would never believe that it ever was a Sheraton. The elegant detailing and the implied luxury and the beautiful guest rooms are what you would expect in a 5 star hotel and this hotel rates those stars.
We were immediately impressed upon our arrival by the bellman who read our names on our luggage tags and referred to us by name thereafter. I was impressed that our room was ready at 8:00 a.m., even though I requested early arrival my experience has been that the rooms are most often not ready..
We stayed in a "club" room on the Club Floor. I highly recommend the club rooms in that they are worth the extra cost. For example, free Wi-Fi, open bar with premium beverages from, as I recall 5 pm to 8:30 pm with wonderful canapés an other goodies in abundance. So much food that on several occasions we were too full to go to dinner. Also a wonderful breakfast is included, which can be had either at the Club or in the hotel's dining room. Did I mention a butler and some limited clothes pressing? But the comments above aren't the most outstanding attributes of the Langham...it is there staff!!!!

There was Jonathon, a native of Iowa, whose title had to be something like a guest ombudsman; who was everywhere all the time. He was there to show us our room, to greet us when we were registering, to assist me with my iphone wifi hookup. Always cheerful, caring and helpful.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention some of the wonderful Club staff: there was Andrew and also Raymundo, the Club butler, who was always professional and attentive.

Before our stay at the Langham, I must admit that I had never heard of the chain, but now I have and the Langham name has been placed at the top of my lodging preference list.

Room Tip: The "Club" rooms are a great value...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Norskgold
Reviewed 11 April 2012

The Langham is a true quality hotel with great staff (especially the concierge, the front of hotel staff and the shuttle bus driver). The quality of everything in the hotel was superb.

One drawback was that it is a bit of a step to the centre of Auckland (and uphill on the way back) - but then there is always the shuttle bus !

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank UndercoverGuest
Reviewed 9 April 2012

2 stays in March / April 2012. Very efficient pick-up from the airport. Check-in on the first stay was chaotic (we had reserved club rooms and I think that they wanted to check us in in the rooms but it didn't seem anyone had talked to the reception staff) - it worked better second time around.
Rooms were spacious but bathrooms are getting a bit dated. The pool and gym are very good.
Dinner at Barolo was not cheap but well cooked and fair value.
Breakfast in the Club lounge was good - fresh fruit and a limited cooked offering that was fine.
There appeared to be consistent difficulties with communication between departments over things such as check-out times and return airport transfers but issues were quickly resolved - it would be nice not to have to though.
Overall a good base for short stays in Auckland. Staff all very friendly and helpful

Room Tip: The Park Suites are good value if on a promotional rate
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family