“Enchanting Escape”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Enchanting Escape”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Wow! My husband and I stayed for two nights and absolutely loved our time at Langham Auckland. We had previously stayed at Langham Melbourne and we were quite excited to see how the two compared. Overall I believe Auckland has the better hotel. We stayed in the one of the Chuan Havens which was absolutely stunning. The oriental furnishing and ambience of the room was perfect for hiding away to relax! The suite features the bedroom, a separate lounge area, mirrored closets, state of the art shower and infinity jacuzzi bath. Chuan Spa is only a few steps from your doorway and you can slip away for a soak in the jacuzzi or to use the sauna, steam and ice as well.
We dined at Barolo and Eight during our stay. Barolo was lovely and quiet with the staff spending just the right amount of time with you. The food was excellent! We love the variety at Eight and this time made sure we made room for dessert.. Room service for breakfast was fine (French toast was delicious!) but I would recommend going to Eight for waffles on sticks and crepes! Overall, the best hotel we have stayed at in Auckland!

Room Tip: Upgrade from a Classic.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (620)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed 29 February 2012

My Husband and I have stayed a few times at The Langham in Auckland now - mostly thanks to my Husbands work as that is where they are required to stay when in Auckland. We of course are more than happy with their choice of Hotel as we are always guaranteed on a perfect time away from home!
We were upgraded to a Club Suite and were suitably impressed. The room was gorgeous with a beautiful lounge and comfort all around!
The staff are always so helpful and nothing is a problem - I love staying at The Langham and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone.......especially those who are interested in staying at one of the best hotels in Auckland.
My Husband and I will definitely be back :)

1 Thank Dasmic
Melbourne
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I booked this hotel for my partner and I on our way back to Melbourne after a friend's wedding in Waiheke Island. We were really looking forward to some luxury and relaxation after a stressful time. Unfortunately, we were disappointed. Even though we were told that we were given a free upgrade, we had two single beds pushed together rather than an actual king/queen bed. This has to be one of my pet hates - and for me, unacceptable in a 5 star hotel. Then we found out that there was no free wifi - instead a very premium rate (something like $8 per 45 minutes I think). Having lived in Vietnam where wifi is free everywhere, I thought this quite archaic for a country such as NZ. These two things were even more disappointing given that we had chosen the Langham over better located hotels (the Langham is not in the main CBD but on the edge), meaning a lot of trekking around.

The best part was Chuan Spa. I was given a gift voucher by my friends who got married, and it was the best spa experience I've ever had.

Just was a real pity about the bed and wifi combined with less convenient location, as we were so looking forward to the ultimate luxury we thought we had paid for.

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend staying in the cheaper rooms. If you choose to stay here, splurge on the su...
1 Thank briggas43
New Zealand
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We've just stayed for 2 nights in a Park Suite at the hotel. Normally I'm prefer Hiltons, but we'd heard really good things about this hotel from others. And, we found that the suites were better value than the Hilton Auckland. We certainly weren't disappointed.

The room itself was very well appointed, with a wonderfully comfortable king bed. I'm normally a light sleeper in hotels. And, despite the room being close to very busy Symonds Street, it was completely quiet - I never heard a thing.

However, I think what sets this hotel apart from others is the service levels. Every single hotel staff member we came across - from check in staff, to wait staff, to chefs in the Eight restaurant, to pool staff, to housekeeping - was, without fail, courteous, friendly and helpful. I've never ever encountered such consistency of great service. The housekeepers prepared our room twice each day - during the morning while we were at breakfast, and again (with a turndown) in the evening while we were at dinner. Each time everything was left immaculate.

During the day we relaxed by the pool. Happily it was sunny - which seems unusual for Auckland this summer. Often pools are a bit of an after thought in big hotels. But the pool facilities at the Langham are excellent. Attached to the in-house 'Day Spa', it's a great spot to relax and unwind.

This is probably one of the best hotels we've stayed in. We're definitely looking forward to staying again.

1 Thank Bill075
Tauranga, New Zealand
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We stayed at the Langham late December 2011 it was our Christmas holiday, even though we live in Auckland. We took up the 25% of suite offer and was fantastic especially having access to club lounge. Couldn't recommend more, staff lovely, food great and High Tea lovely experience.

Room Tip: Higher floors better
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple