Open today: 9:30 am - 5:30 pm
Review Highlights
Upgrading the facilities

It wasn't the best day for an outdoor outing due to the occasional showers but it was quite a good... read more

Reviewed 25 August 2021
Acineto
Auckland Central, New Zealand
Fun family outing

Took the kids here during the school holidays and they had a wonderful time at the zoo...its a nice... read more

Reviewed 22 July 2021

from USD 66.05
from USD 198.96
from USD 107.60
3,518 results
All reviews animal enclosures red panda animals seem great family day kiwi bird all ages new zealand on display tiger meerkats kea devil kiwis exhibits auckland picnic conservation
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 July 2019 via mobile

Very good place to go there with kids in School Holidays and lots of kids activities and fun activities and it's huge place to look around and there is also few Eatery shops that help visitors to get something to eat afterwards.

Really enjoyed it and my Son was very happy to see those different Zoo Animals ....

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed 20 July 2019 via mobile

We had a friend and her children turn up for 12 hours in Auckland. We drove down and did a pick up and went right to the Zoo. It has been 19 year's since my last trip there. My wife's first.
Wow, better than I remember. One of my friends children is in a wheelchair and it was all access everywhere. All the displays were really awesome. And we had excited children all day and adults alike. Loved the Rino. And the Lion's. Loved the seals and had a special place with the New Zealand part. Tuatara, kiwis, gecko's. Loved it.
We could of spent all 12 hours there, easy. We had breakfast there and lunch. All the staff were great and so helpful.
Looking forward to our next trip, not 20 years away though.

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed 17 July 2019 via mobile

Nice place to visit with kids of all ages. Best place to see the kiwi bird. Also lots of other animals too. Will go there again.

Date of experience: July 2018
2  Thank antan78
Reviewed 15 July 2019 via mobile

The Auckland Zoo overall is a good zoo with good facilities. When I went however many if the animal enclosures were getting refurbished and this meant that there were a lot if empty enclosures. This meant that it took us less than one hour to wander around the entire zoo and see everything. We were not wondering fast either. We had lunch at a restaurant in the zoo called the Old Elephant House. This restaurant was nicely set but the food was not nice and was boring. A few simple tweaks by the chef could allow this establishment to blossom into the bistro style restaurant at the zoo that they say they are. A simple A La Carte menu does not make a good bistro, it is the quality of the food itself. The price for zoo admission was discounted for dollars cheaper than usual. This was due to the large amounts if enclosures that were closed. I think that this should have been reduced more as the simple fact us that currently there is not much to see. This visit to the zoo was a big let down, I feel as though in a year or two when the new enclosures are opened I will have a much better experience at the zoo.

Date of experience: July 2019
1  Thank Kirbyzach93
Reviewed 11 July 2019 via mobile

Our family are members of the 3 Zoos in and around Melbourne, Australia, and visit them regularly. I wasn’t entirely convinced that I should spend some of my time in Auckland at this Zoo, but it was fantastic! I was impressed with the theming, and we really enjoyed the NZ creatures, and my 5 year old son loved the playground they’ve got there! They were in the process of renovating a massive section of the Zoo, and I can imagine it’d be well worth another visit should ever we return that way.

Date of experience: March 2019