Open today: 9:30 am - 5:30 pm

from USD 16.51
from USD 257.99
from USD 30.96
3,176 results
All reviews animal enclosures red panda animals seem great family day kiwi bird feeding times behind the scenes all ages new zealand school holidays native birds on display great place to visit tiger meerkats kea devil
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We have been to a lot of the zoos but this zoo is one of the best. It is very easy to get away especially with prams. Animals looks happy and healthy. We walked non stop for 2 hours and kids had such a great time. Really loved this zoo

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Had a good time wandering around the zoo with the rest of Auckland on Good Friday. The zoo itself is nicely laid out and sign listed, animal enclosures look well considered and lots of helpful volunteers out which is good to see.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I hadn't been to the zoo for years, but was intrigued by the bug display- anything by Weta workshops is not to be missed! The daughter and I were delighted - we may even admit we have a sneaky admiration for creepy crawlies! Also appreciated the zoo enthusiasts who we chatted to and who directed us to see various animals! Great day out!

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Auckland Zoo is by far one of the best zoos I  have visited. Be prepared to spend at least 2 to 3 hours there or even more. The animals were well taken care of and the zoo is very well maintained. It is definately worth the entrance fee of 28NZ$ per person. There are a few cafes in the zoo itself. I was there mainly to see the Galapagos tortoise and was disappointed that it was smaller than what I expected. A few of the animals were not seen such as lion, tiger and red panda but I'm sure they are hiding somewhere. I would recommend this Zoo to anyone!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Went with my son, wife and grandies, was a little disappointed as we seemed to walk for ages and didn't really see many animals.No Lions, alot of the park is being upgraded which cuts the park down in size, best part was the end where the giraffes and zebras etc have a big area and you can look down on them from several different parts. There didn't seem to be anything to keep the little kids interested. The best cafe was at the end by the elephants, they also have an ice cream shop. I am sure when they finish the upgrade it will be better.