SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
USD 177
USD 152
  • Pool
The Sebel Auckland Viaduct Harbour(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
USD 130
USD 118
  • Free Internet
Crowne Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
USD 133
USD 108
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 132/night.

Hilton Auckland(Auckland Central)
USD 209
USD 178
Hilton
USD 143
USD 115
  • Restaurant
Grand Millennium Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
USD 121
USD 182
  • Restaurant
Stamford Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
USD 141
USD 133
  • Restaurant
Scenic Hotel Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
USD 91
USD 67
Priceline
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 89/night.

2,616 results
All reviewsthe executive loungealbert parksteam roomqueen streetvalet parkingfive star hotelsteep hillroom servicebuffet breakfastan upgradenew zealandharbour viewvector arenasky towerspaaucklandaccor
Reviewed 5 April 2018

I have been a member of the AccorPlus program for more years than I care to remember and so far this booking has been my first big disappointment. Not the quality of the facilities but the general service. I realise that it was Easter and a holiday weekend but that should not penalise loyal customers. First we didn’t get a response to questions emailed the morning before – NB it was suggested by reception that the email address on their website is not monitored on Easter weekends. When we checked in early and we were told that our room wasn’t ready, but before taking our luggage to the concierge to look after for us, I booked a table for four for dinner at 7.00pm that night. We returned at 2.45pm and our room was still not available and yet we had paid from 2.00pm yet told that extended checkout would depend on bookings – ok for hotel not to be ready for us but we have to get out on time? Our room was changed and we were able to access it soon after.

Dinner - when we arrived at 7pm with our special guests, we were told there was no record of our booking – I mentioned that I had booked it with assistant manager and was offered a table for six – we asked if it was possible to have a smaller table so we would be able to talk to our guests and were then moved to a very comfortable table – we saw many empty tables for four all evening – so thankfully we hadn’t taken someone else’s table. It was embarrassing that this happened when we had made a special effort to book in advance. The snapper fish dish was not available so I opted for the crispy chicken. But when the chicken arrived it had pale, soft skin – not crispy – not even brown. I excused myself to my guests and asked for it to be changed but even the second time, the chicken was browned but still not crispy. I suggested they remove the word crispy as that is what attracts many people to that dish. The three other meals were well presented and enjoyed.

Breakfast – We were disappointed with the quality of the hot breakfast. The bacon was sitting in a pool of oil - I thought it was water but the chef assured me it was oil as though that would make it ok. He did pour it out but it was too late – what may have once been crispy was now soft, tough and greasy. Scrambled eggs were only mildly warm, mushrooms dry. Good selection of fruit and breads and coffee was excellent. $35 a head is not a small amount to pay for a hotel breakfast – it needs to be very special to qualify for that price.

Although I do understand that managing a hotel at a time when staff want time off to be with families can be difficult – but customers are not given lower prices with the understanding service will be less efficient, in fact we had to pay more when we changed our booking to Easter Monday, because it was a holiday. Our welcome drinks were excellent and generally the staff were keen to please but it is a five star hotel and we certainly expected it to be of the same high standard we are used to. Our suite was very comfortable - good TV, included ( slow) Wi-Fi.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Memsahib
PullmanAucklandHotel, Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Dear memshaib,

Thank you for your lovely review of our hotel, we truly appreciate it. I am so glad that our welcome dirnks and your room was comfortable.

Please accept my apologies with your dining experiences. I have addressed your meal comments with the chef to ensure this does not happen again.

Thank you again for providing this review. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

This hotel was such a disappointment. We were upgraded to a suite and were very happy until we walked in. I couldn’t even walk around in bare feet as the floor was so grubby. The decor looked and felt like it had come from the 50’s. The restaurant did not have many of the wines on the list and this continued listening to other guests around us. I wouldn’t stay there again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends

Kia Ora Jaquer

Thank you for taking the time to review Pullman Auckland.
I am sorry to learn it was not to your liking. Whilst I cannot control the age of the hotel I was extremely disappointed to learn about the cleanliness issue you encountered. I have spoken at lengths with my Executive Housekeeper and I am sorry this was your experience.

Should you change your mind, please feel free to contact me directly for your next stay

Warm Regards

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Stay a night on business. The king studio had a drafty aluminum window and a tired ambiance. The bed was very good, the TV new with plenty of choices. But overall, this was a mediocre stay for a self-proclaimed 5-star hotel. I will pass next time.

Room Tip: Pick a room that isn't facing the direction of the wind to avoid howling drafts.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Kia Ora OceanRower

thank you for taking the time to Review Pullman Auckland. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our comfy beds and found lots of choice on the TV.
I am sorry to learn that you found the hotel tired.
Should you choose to stay with us again, please feel free to contact me directly at l.hylton-smith@pullmanauckland.co.nz

Warm Regards

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Staff were friendly and efficient and very welcoming. Loved the little touches - free bottled water, the ease in which staff helped if there were any question, the bathrobes, the slippers - as well as the wonderful pool/steamroom/sauna/spa. So relaxing! We wanted to relax over Easter without the hassle of trying to negotiate traffic etc and the Pullman was the perfect place for us. Had a wonderful stay. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

It's definitely the warm and welcoming staff who made our stay a memorable one at the Pullman.

My two children were treated with genuine respect by the lovely attendant at the front desk and were presented with teddies complete with bathrobes.

The porters, valets, and room service attendants were equally friendly.

The hotel is in a great location with a short stroll to Queen Street.

The room decor was a bit tired - and the compact bathroom wouldn't suit a tall person, but the beds were clean and comfortable and it was nice to be able to open the windows and let in the fresh air.

Travellers with kids will appreciate the Disney Channel, Disney Movies Channel, and Nickelodeon.

The indoor pool and spa are well appointed and the coffee was good.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family