“Japanese Cusine”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: New Restaurant
Reviewed 11 April 2018

Cocoro must be one of the best Japanese meals we have had. I include in that statement meals I have had in Japan! We had the degustation menu which featured a truly memorable sashmi platter filled with the freshest, delectable and beautifully presented seafood. The restaurant staff were excellent and attentive to our needs. Anyone who loves quality Japanese cusine will enjoy Cocoro!

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

It is not the best in Auckland in term of Japanese goods, but it is pretty good for what it is. What spoiled the night was the manager, when I first walked in, he chastised me for not call in to book, on their website they said they only take booking for set menu, other wise I would have call. Then he judged my dining companion when she walked in. The waitstaff was hard to flag down even though we were the only table there for the first half an hour of the evening. And then it got worse when I tried to pay, for a moment I forgot my pin, and the manager made a comment/joke(?) about I might have to stay and wash the dishes. It was not a tasteful joke for the prices that we paid. I'm not sure I would return...

Reviewed 3 March 2018

My friend brought me here saying that it was the best Japanese restaurant in Auckland...even she left apologising to me and saying that it had clearly gone downhill.

we had the matching win/sake/degustation menu and the wine pairing was boring and obvious and although the sake was much better it seemed very random.

the food wasn't great, boring, samey, overpriced for what we got

service was ok without being great

overall we left disappointed

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed dinner at Cocoro. The food is beautifully prepared and presented. The service is friendly and attentive. We had the sake pairing . The waiter was very helpful in giving us details on the sake and why it was matched with each course . We learned a lot about the range of sake. The decor is very tasteful and elegant. It was a great place to visit with friends and have good conversation in a relaxed atmosphere

1  Thank jackirmic
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Went there for friends farewell and after reading in a mag of glowing reviews.

This place doesn’t disappoint. Very contemporary Japanese, the building itself were designed like sound proof or something like that, it features in a architectural mag overseas being one of the unique place to visit in nz.

Ordered set tapas it takes hours to complete but very satisfied in the end. Definitely a place for dining experience.

1  Thank Rose S