“Birthday dinner”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 February 2015

I have recently celebrated my Birthday at Vue with 14 friends. It was very nice dinner with lovely set up of table. Chef Kevin organised special great menu for us and we had best position with stunning views! All my friends enjoyed their meals and best one was beef fillet! Salmon tartare for starter was very nice as well. Will definitely come again to try new menu from Chef Kevin Blakeman!

chefblakeman, Executive Chef at Vue Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2015

Thankyou for the feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon at Vue Restaurant and The Mercure.

Reviewed 18 February 2015

Vue, has a beautifully put together menu, with high emphasis on locally sourced product and produce, allowing for fresh ingredients to be used.
Presentation of our dinner was lovely, my hisband chose the duck, while I had pork.
Both were tender and very tasteful, oysters here continue to be one of the best we have eaten.
Atmosphere was peaceful the attentiveness of staff great,
Overall a pleasure to fine here

Reviewed 17 February 2015

Went to Vue, firstly woah the view! City lights and harbour view on either side. Service was very friendly if not a little casual. I had the steak with beef cheek cannelloni. The fondant potato was a touch dry but other than that the dish was excellent.
I had cherry pannacotta for dessert which was also great. Definitely will be back again next time I am on business.

1  Thank dennis139

Reviewed 15 February 2015

The view of the harbour is definitely a bonus for this restaurant. The food is really tasty and I thoroughly recommend the venison, but with mains around $40 it might be out of some people's budget.

Reviewed 8 February 2015

Went for special occasion. First they didn't have our booking, then placed us a at a table near the kitchen and a noisy tour group. We were moved when asked. Breads were slightly burnt. I never received the second glass of wine I ordered yet it made it's way onto the bill. My salad supposedly had smoked goats cheese and smoked potato but neither of these were smoked and potato tasted of nothing. At $32.50, felt quite ripped off. Won't ever return - the views are not worth the poor food and service.

We value all feedback and I am sure if you returned now you would notice the changes we have gone through since your last visit. Especially in the menus we now offer.