“Banzai - a Dominion Road treasure ”
Review of Banzai

Banzai
Ranked #221 of 2,456 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

Gyoza, agedashi tofu in a light broth, tempura, teriyaki salmon, chicken croquettes. We always order (and eat) more than we should at this cheerful noisy informal little Japanese restaurant. Handy to Capitol cinema.

1  Thank Robsnz

Reviewed 4 August 2016

This little cafe-sized Japanese restaurant is quite popular in the 'hood. And rightly so, however, Auckland has SO many Japanese eateries, I'd have to say I would not put Banzai on the top of my list.
It reminded me tho' of the hundreds of Japanese joints in big city Tokyo. Don't get me wrong some of the food was very good, most tasty but not best-in-class given the superlative quality of Asian food in the Auckland dinning scene. And, I would not recommend the sushi per se, but suggest the cooked dinners.

The service was very attentive - & rightly so -- we were the only diners at the time, but the place filled up before we walked out. Most of the staff speaks Japanese, so you can practice your meal ordering skills. それは気持が良い夕方だった

1  Thank HaljoHal
Reviewed 3 August 2016

Went on a recommendation from someone who lives nearby. Very enjoyable. Great choices, nicely executed and very tasty. Seemed popular with families when we were there for an early sitting and they seemed to supply activities and toys for younger diners. Wouldn't hesitate to go again for a casual, enjoyable and reasonably priced Japanese meal.

1  Thank Birchgrove2
Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

We came for dinner before a movie and allowed 1.5 hours. After ordering it was an hour before our food came. It was not busy. They seemed to be prioritising takeaways over dine in customers. Very frustrating

1  Thank na0mic
Reviewed 4 March 2016 via mobile

Very tidy little Japanese restaurant on dominion road. Hard to choose from such a large number of restaurants in the area but Banzai was full for a reason.

I was in a hurry and the meal appeared in 15 minutes despite a large group arriving at the same time.

I'll be back.