1,892 results
All reviews vector arena bedroom apartment beach road great location countdown supermarket washing machine queen street car park main bedroom good size nice breakfast great apartment full kitchen short walk laundry facilities ferry terminal living area
Reviewed 5 February 2019 via mobile

Terrible experience! Me and three other people booked a double room here, we experienced rude service from the man at the front desk (grumpy attitude and horrible glares when we forgot our key card one night) we stayed three nights and were not offered room service or received any. We asked for an extra towel and received a “yes” in an angry tone. We had nearly 100 ants appear in our kitchen area crawling all over our food.

BITES! Myself and one other staying was also bitten all over our bodies on two nights by bugs to which I emailed the manager about with photographic evidence but only received and email saying that she would personally offer me a discount next time I’m back in Auckland which is just a joke because I will never stay here again filthy horrible disgusting place. Pictures attached

Needs renovating too.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
WaldorfStadiumNZ, General Manager at Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2019

Dear SamJMolly,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay with us. Your feedback is highly valued and will be used constructively to maintain and improve, where necessary, our standards of service and facilities.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with regards to the customer service. Your feedback regarding your stay with us by no means reflects the high standard of quality and service that Waldorf is usually proud to offer. I confirm that I have investigated your comments in a serious light and taken action to rectify the shortcomings.

Should you wish to discuss this matter in further detail, may I encourage you to contact me directly on swathi.kota@waldorf.co.nz

Reviewed 31 January 2019

If you are looking for a nice hotel with easy access to the downtown sites of Auckland this is worth a consideration. Nice 20 minute walk to the clock tower and ferry to Devonport. Nice pub close by (out back of hotel).

Room tip: Top floors with street views
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear JamesUKU,

Thank you for your review.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay in our lovely rooms and central location of the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 30 January 2019

Firstly, this is not a hotel. There is a check in desk, there is housekeeping staff but it is a rental apartment. We had a 2 bedroom apartment for 5 nights, the first night booked so we could have the apartment with our 5:30 AM flight arrival.
Pros - great location, very walkable to the wharfs, Queen St, Sky Tower. Spark Arena is a 5 minute walk away. Spacious, clean, good AC, fridge with freezer, dishwasher and laundry with detergents provided. Beds are very comfortable, 4 pillows per bed. Nice balcony with 2 chairs and a table. Our room was at the back of the building overlooking a pedestrian walkway and was relatively quiet. There is a breakfast room but at $19.90 per person we chose to walk to the very close Countdown grocery store for fruit, cereal and coffee.
Cons - the WiFi is absolutely awful. Slow, inconsistent - keeps cutting out no matter the time of day. I’ve not had this bad a service in years. We had only a few thin towels. Housekeeping does a ‘mini clean’ midweek which means you get clean towels and they take the garbage out. You can request a mini service but it’ll cost you $24.90. There is a kettle and instant coffee packets but luckily we brought our own French press. Living room couch and chair are hard and very uncomfortable.
This apartment hotel is fine for the price but because of the WiFi I would not stay here again.

Room tip: Ask for a room at the back of the building to avoid street noise.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear 86Calgary,

Thank your taking the time write this review.

We strive to deliver an experience of "Home away from Home" hence the fully equipped kitchens and laundry facilities and spacious apartments.

Please accept my apologies for the slow speed of Wi-Fi we are currently reviewing it to deliver optimal experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 20 January 2019

We stayed in a studio apartment for the week we were in Auckland, although this hotel is central, I won't recommend it. Upon arrival, a chilly reception from front desk staff, who were not at all welcoming, informed us that housekeeping would not be done daily, rather a mini clean up mid-week and a regular upkeep two days before our departure. For the price paid, I think housekeeping should be done on a daily basis. Yes, I can reuse the towels, but I want a fresh bathmat...... every day. The WIFI was unreliable with the bars going in and out and losing connectivity continually. There was a decrepit analog television in the room. Some stations were not available on the old set or you could get the station, but no sound. I asked three times at reception that they check it out. Finally, after the 4th day, the television was changed to an HD model. The couch was uncomfortable and dirty with no support. The fan in the bathroom was extremely loud and it took at least ten minutes for the thing to shut down after turning off the light (the fan turns on automatically approximately 15 seconds after the light is turned on). So, if you are getting out of bed in the middle of the night to use the facilities, don't turn on the light or else you will not be able to get back to sleep, that is how loud it is. Utensil drawer was not clean, crumbs in the compartments. Utensils were grubby and I had to wipe them down. Greasy back splash and overhead fan buttons. One of the pots I used to heat some soup was dirty, so I needed to wash it before I used it. No coffee maker in the room, just some instant coffee in little pouches. Albeit, there is a small variety of tea with milk available in the fridge. Seeing that the windows are single pane, you can hear all the traffic, construction across the street and people going out to and coming back from the clubs and bars at all hours, it is extremely noisy on the lower levels. If you want to rent one of the two bikes that were parked outside the lobby, better have a tune-up before you take off. To me, this is more like a student dorm, not a 4-star hotel in the least. Do yourself a big favour and look for other digs in the city. The one really nice thing that occurred, the gent that changed the tv was super helpful and pleasant.

DearBibbi28,

Having noted your review, please accept my sincere apologies for not providing you with a memorable experience whilst in Auckland. Given it’s difficult to identify you from the response on TripAdvisor, should you wish to discuss this matter in further detail, may I encourage you to contact me directly on swathi.kota@waldorf.co.nz

Once again, thank you for sharing your review. We look forward to having the opportunity to connect.

Swathi Kota,

Reviewed 19 January 2019 via mobile

We stayed for 3 days at this apartment hotel. The location is good since it is in the downtown and close to he ferry terminal as well. Our room was awkward with the bathroom located on the opposite end of the apartment. It had no mirror in the bathroom since there was a window looking out to the office building next door. There was very poor storage for clothing. We had only a few hangers to hang things and only 3 very small drawers inside the closet which could hold almost nothing. We had to keep most of our things in our suitcase. I would definitely not recommend this place for long stays. The kitchen was satisfactory but you must keep your things very simple if you wish to cook. It did have in suite laundry which was very useful. The front hotel staff did not seem very well trained and not knowledge of the area. When I asked how I could get to Mission Bay he said it was not far. Just a 15 min walk. In reality it was 6.7km and that would take about an hour and a half. We also asked about city bike rentals and he knew nothing about it. The gym is completely useless and we had to resort to paying to going to a gym nearby. Overall, This is not a place I would stay again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple