“Vegans delight!!”
Review of Tart Bakery

Tart Bakery
Description: We are Tart Bakery, a vegan, full of soul, family bakery producing food with flavour and ethical for the future generations and our beloved planet. We pride ourselves on offering affordable and tasty food for every costumer that walks in one of our two shops. Pop up in one of them (either Grey Lynn or 183 Karangahape Road, St Kevin's Arcade) and try one of our pies, yes... VEGAN pies! Have a chat with the staff and treat yourself with a kind food.
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

I had been waiting a long time to try Tart Bakery's food, I live overseas and had heard all about it. It did not disappoint! We were honestly like kids in a candy store - think we spent around $80 on pies and doughnuts! The spinach and cheese pies were amazing, just heaven! We had 'cream' doughnuts and cronuts too which were perfection!! I can't wait to come back to NZ and feast again!!

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank pinacolada24
Philippa S, Proprietário at Tart Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Wow! So glad you managed to make it to us from over seas! Thank you for making the trip to see us, we are so pleased you enjoyed your pies and donuts!
Thanks, Tart Bakery.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Super delicious mixture of sweets and savouries. They also have a delightful variety of milks for you coffee or hot chocolate :)

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank Katarina A

Thanks for making the trip to see us, glad you enjoyed!
Thanks, Tart Bakery

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

I found these guys via the Happy Cow app. WOW I could not believe my eyes, all the food looked & smelled amazing. The gorgeous lady behind the counter explained that everything was 100% vegan, she smiled at my wide eyed amazement. I wanted to buy one of everything. I was almost lost for words, there were so many options. The super friendly guy making coffee was awesome too, again so many milk options for coffee, almond, soy, coconut, rice. We ended up choosing a cronut (cross between croissant & donut) with mandarin & custard, drizzled in chocolate & coconut, I also had to try the 'mince & cheese' pie as I couldn't quite get my head around how that could be vegan. HOLY CRAP!! Amazing, outstanding, mind bending & mind blowing. I can fully understand why & how these guys won best bakery 2017. The staff were absolutely beautiful people inside & out, service was second to none, super friendly & authentically happy. Soy latte really great too. Wow what a find, please visit these guys try their outstanding food & coffee for yourself. Keep up the awesomeness guys!! Any chance you could open up in Hamilton too??? In the meantime totally absolutely worth a trip to Auckland.

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank Annette B

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! We are so pleased you enjoyed your time at Tart, and will pass on the message to our wonderful staff. Keep your ears open for Tart Expansions; we are planning a Vegan World Domination.
Thanks again,
Tart Bakery

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

This place is incredible. It took a lot of convincing that I wasn't eating cheese and ham in my beautiful flakey pastry treat this morning.

Amazing quality and tastes amazing.
Highly recommend for any plant based eaters looking for a bakery treat.

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank Vckm2014

Hey Vckm2014, we brag ourselves about the light and flaky pastry coming off the oven every single morning! We are glad your breakfast with us was tasteful and absolutely animal free, what makes everything meaningful! Spread the word, ethical food is being served! Thank you very much for your review and see you soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Best bakery yet for Vegan sweet treats and savouries. The pies are beautiful, pizzas delicious with plenty of toppings and the blueberry custard sweet is so scrummy! Would highly recommend to anyone and I mean anyone. You don't need to be Vegan to adore and appreciate the food they provide. All around yummy! And get in quick, they're very popular and tend to sellout of their food on the day! Yep, that's how good they are!
Also you can purchase some of their products on the cruelty free NZ website if you find it hard to travel there.

Date of visit: June 2017
1  Thank katyw593
Philippa S, Owner at Tart Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2017

Hello Katyw593, there's room for all food lovers at Tart Bakery, bring your vegan and no-vegan friends to treat yourselves with our food full of soul and love. If the Grey Lynn shop is sold out pop up at our St Kevin's Arcade brand, 183 Karangahape Road or the other way round.
Thank you my dear, Tart Bakery.