“First time visiting”
Review of Mangiamo Cafe

Mangiamo Cafe
Ranked #1,328 of 2,467 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

First time visiting New Zealand and we start of with Eggs Benedict on this place which was really tasty. Will be back to try other meals later.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank danielgS7185XV

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We went here for brunch and were seriously disappointed by the quality of the food, it was overpriced and uninspiring

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 16 May 2017

Over the years I have occasionally visited this seems to have changed hands relatively recently. Between the last visit and this one, I noticed that the food is a bit more interesting. This time I had a superb steak and blue cheese pie. The only negative was that they microwaved it, and that always affects good pastry badly, as it did here. I wish they would crisp it up again in a little griller, for example. I would happily wait another 5 minutes. My darling's leek and potato soup was not only excellent, but also very generous. The service could easily be a bit more smiley, but it was not bad enough to mark them down. Bu there's quite a bit of competition in Mairangi Bay now, so becoming more welcoming could be the difference between thriving and surviving.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Ok... after a visit in January and telling myself I wouldn't return because of a thoroughly disappointing meal and service... I/we returned. And so glad we did. We ordered 2 salads (the chicken one and the prawn one) and they were absolutely delicious. Ample servings, fresh ingredients and probably one of the nicest salads I've had anywhere (husbands one was awesome too). The coffee was excellent too. Very happy to put Mangiamo back on our list of preferred eateries. Well and truly redeemed and no surcharge either for Easter Sunday. We will be back soon.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 25 February 2017

Extensive menu. We had Caesar Salad with bacon; Scallops wrapped in bacon with Salad. Both good sized meals but both meals on chipped plates! Otherwise OK but not one of our favourites. Good on a fine day with much of the area outside on the mall footpath, so problems with flies & sparrows and uneven surface for seats & tables.

Date of visit: February 2017