“Excellent food & service”
Review of Shadow Wine Bar

Shadow Wine Bar
Ranked #73 of 1,587 Restaurants in Perth
Reviewed 26 March 2017

I have dined at Shadow Wine Bar on numerous occasions and always found the food and service excellent, so I suggested to a group of friends who only catch up 2 or 3 times a year that we meet at Shadow. When making the booking, the manager (Sally) suggested we use the private dining room as it would be more conducive to our needs (she was right). On arrival we ordered our traditional “bubbles” and then after listening to everyone’s differing preferences of drinks, Sally (who was also our waitress) suggested ones to suit all our tastes (she was right again!). The food was explained, arrived in a timely manner, and everyone agreed was exceptional (thank you Sue). The crab spaghettini was amazing and has ruined pasta dishes for me! I have recommended Shadow to all my friends, particularly for a special occasion, and would recommend it to everyone who reads this. I look forward to many future visits and being looked after by Sally and her team.

Reviewed 23 March 2017

Shadow Wine Bar is our favourite restaurant. The food is always excellent, particularly (in my case) the veal carpaccio, and is less expensive than other comparable restaurants, where the food isn’t as good. There is an extensive wine list, which includes white wines other than sauvignon blanc, including a selection of chardonnays which includes a couple of the creamy/buttery style we prefer, and our preferred red wine. The manager Sally and her staff always provide excellent and friendly service. As a bonus, its location a few minutes’ walk from the train station means we don’t have to drive.

Reviewed 19 March 2017

We've been here a few times and really like it. The last time a few weeks back we had the most amazing meal - stuffed zucchini flowers and spaghettini with crab and a side serve of grilled asparagus. They were all sublime and perfectly cooked.
The wine is quite expensive and not a great selection by the glass, but still enough to pique your interest. The wine service can be a little haphazard, but you do eventually receive what you ordered.
We will return next time we're in the vicinity.

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Alex hotel pre boarding the Indian pacific and booked for dinner at Shadow. The waitress was awful. The food very very average. When the gnocchi turned up and was cold I was given a bowl of even more average fries while they cooked more. By the time that arrived back at the table my partners fish was cold. We decided not to stay for coffee. This place really needs to pick up its game to charge what it does for what can be described as average cafe fare and not fine dining or high end restaurant quality food. A place for a drink, yes but go to a real restaurant for dinner.

1  Thank Janewilliams7
Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

Had a late evening meal here whilst staying in the Alex hotel. Not many people in so service was quick and very friendly. I had the gnocchi which was lovely. Good range of craft beers however would like more WA beers and I found the place to be a little hot. Otherwise enjoyed the food and ambiance and found the service very good.