“excellent dinner, cooking and service wise”
Review of Rusty Fig

Rusty Fig
Ranked #3 of 3,506 Restaurants in Perth
Price range: AU$25 - AU$52
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Perth CBD
Description: Multi award winning fine dining, special occasion Restaurant. Awarded Australia's best fine dining restaurant by Tripadvisor.
Reviewed 27 January 2023

Dinner starts with minor disappointment due to mismatch between the on line menu and what gets really offered (obviously, missing some items we were interested in). the chef or his media manager better gets this fixed.
Beyond this, we found a very accommodating team we could discuss menu item with (and get minor tuning); and we had an excellent dinner: the cured trout was originally flavored, we chose the beef filet (see first point on the missing menu item) which was top notch, and chocolate or nectarine desserts met all expectation. I did not go through the wine list. choice by the glass was sufficient.
restaurant room is also attractively decorated.
well worth the price level.

1  Thank 645DavidS

Reviewed 17 January 2023 via mobile

Well, what a pleasant surprise. After having been multiple times to Friends before that ugly virus struck, I came back to Perth to find this new location with a new name (Rusty Fig) and a new owner, but same chef (who incidentally is the new owner) so the quality of the food was exactly how I would have expected it, had I known this was the old Friends.
So what about the service? Well, Mia, who was taking care of my table tonight, was knowledgeable and friendly with the right amount of attention to detail that you would expect. And price wise? I couldn’t fault the 50$ veal which was served with the bone and a jus to die for. As usual, the carbs were a bit sparse and I can just repeat what I always say in the fancy joints… don’t skimp on the mashed potatoes 😂. Two fancy squirts look as good on a plate and won’t ruin the meal, but make people happy!
Thanks for a great dinner! I’ll be back.

Graham J, Owner at Rusty Fig, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2023

Hi Thomas thanks for the review. I am glad to hear you had a great night . We look forward to seeing you again. We will get in more Potatoes for you !

Reviewed 14 January 2023 via mobile

These folk are taking a dining experience to the next level.
The food is prepared exquisitely the service us exceptional.
5 stars out of four.

Graham J, Owner at Rusty Fig, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2023

F534Xllindsayp. Thank you for your review, glad to hear you had a great night !

Reviewed 9 December 2022 via mobile

We had lunch here today. Our first impression was not great from the bar staff who were not very friendly.

However, a very nice waitress showed us to our table and quickly organised some drinks for us. Disappointingly we were sat very close to some large and noisy tables (there was another much nicer part of the restaurant which was completely unoccupied).

We perused the menu, we asked some questions, unfortunately our waitress was not very familiar with the menu. The wine we ordered was not available. The starters were stunning and we both enjoyed them. Sadly when our main course’s finally arrived, mine was horribly overcooked. My husband had his food and my steak finally arrived as he had finished eating.

The response from the staff was to give us a complimentary dessert. It was a nice gesture but sadly it did not compensate for what had happened.

I did expect a bit more from this venue.

Date of visit: December 2022
2  Thank Dominique L
Reviewed 25 November 2022

We used to go to this restaurant, when it was another name...however they have the same chef, who bought the restaurant. He has kept up fine dining menu, and is simply stunning. My husabnd and I had a perfect meal, and was great by Peter, and had our usual cocktail champagne,our meal upstairs was just so prefect. I do highly recommend anyone visiting Perth and drop in and have a couple of drinks out the front, then do some fine dining updstairs.

Date of visit: November 2022