“Nice quiet cafe retreat”
Review of Pinnacles Myer

Pinnacles Myer
Ranked #1,226 of 1,605 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Australian
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Went for afternoon tea here, it's a pretty unassuming place, located on the 3rd level of Myer. It's cafeteria style with both cold and hot sections to select from, some of it pick up and go, like sandwiches and cakes, or you can order from the written and picture menus. We tried the Pierorgi with some hot drinks, quite nice. The nice spacious seating area allowed us to relax while enjoying the view of Forrest Chase below.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed 26 December 2017

We headed into the city to enjoy a touch of retail therapy and ended up spending a few hours in Myer. By the time we had finished it was just before noon and my two little ones were getting grumpy. This is set up like the Ikea canteen : the difference is that the food is better (although more expensive than Ikea).

The positives? There is lots of seating, and the tables were all cleared quickly. The food was great for a canteen. I had a roast beef and gravy roll which came with chips and my husband had the mushroom pierogi. The beef was tasty, the gravy thick and it was tucked into a delicious toasted bun. The pierogi were flavoursome, and served with a dish of sour cream and sprinkled with fennel.

The negatives? Food for kids is a bit pricey. My kids only eat one type of sandwich at the moment (butter and honey) so I have to pack theirs before we go out. The options available were varied, but a little high for toddlers ie $6 for a bowl of chips and A bowl of jelly was $6. I think they would be better off serving snaller portions at lower prices. Besides the food, the ladies looked a bit frazzled and the orderin/payment system could perhaps work better if both tills were operating. The coffee too was a little on the weak side (although it was perfect temperature).

All in all though this is a convenient, clean and large cafeteria and the food was nice enough that I would go again when I come to the city with the kids. It is a nice change from the raucous food courts at Enex and the difficult to find seating Carillion.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank Polly V
Reviewed 27 October 2017

We just went along to see what the Myer cafeteria would be like these days. And well, it was pretty ordinary. It seemed like the staff didn't want to be there and they were doing me a favour by serving me. I would give it a miss.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Went to lunch at this restaurant on Saturday . The selection of food was minimal and it wasn't very fresh or inviting we ended up just having a sandwich which was very dry around the edges ( old ) and coffee it was a disappointing experience

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank AP194R
Reviewed 25 May 2017

I met with a group of friends and we decided on this location as we wanted somewhere quiet. It was very quiet. The coffee was nice.
The décor is very dated, the staff were friendly, we didn't eat so I can't comment on the food. It is a cafeteria/canteen type set up rather than a typical restaurant/café which I wasn't expecting.
Would I go out of my way to return there? No.

Date of visit: May 2017