“Worst valentines meal I have had the view is the Only thing worth going for”
Review of C Restaurant

C Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 1,402 Restaurants in Perth
Price range: USD 24 - USD 40
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Australian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, View
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Situated high above the city centre, C Restaurant is Perth's only revolving restaurant offering unrivalled views. Open seven days a week for lunch, High Tea and dinner we serve award winning Australian food and wines with professional service.
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Went for valentines day with my partner where he had to book and pay in advance. Greeted by scantily clad dressed maitre d's who was showing more skin than I wanted to see from an apparent 5 star location. Our table had been given to someone else. Wine service was so slow my glass was empty and I was still waiting. Obviously had the pre set degustation menu- which all tasted pre cooked and most was cold or over cooked... It all felt rushed you didn't have any time to try and enjoy the meal. The only thing that impressed me was one waitress with short brown hair who commented on my shoes she was very helpful... Over all not sure if I would go back again

1  Thank Zara_jade2206
There are newer reviews for C Restaurant

Reviewed 16 March 2012

Perth's only revolving restaurant ... very poorly reviewed locally

3  Thank AustraliaFox
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Four of us, bride, groom, mother, and father, had lunch at C Restaurant on a weekday.

The view is quite special because Perth is such a lovely city, but it is not the unobstructed view shown in the banner across the top of the website because at the four corners, the structure of the building has to support the floor and water tower above the revolving restaurant. The area right next to the circular window is used as a walkway, and there two rings of tables: those near the windows and another slightly raised tier farther away.

Like the Sky City Restaurant in Seattle’s Space Needle, C Restaurant uses a method to ensure that every diner pays his fair share to occupy the limited dining space. We prefer Sky City’s method which is to set a minimum expenditure per person because we have more choices of combining wine, starter, main course, and dessert. At Sky City, we spent double our minimum because the food and wine were so good. C Restaurant’s method is more annoying to us: one diner, one main course. My wife and I prefer to share a main course except when portions are small. Many of the main course items were non-meat dishes, and they were all out of the grilled half Manjimup marron with wasabi butter that we wanted, further restricting our choices. We were in a generous wedding mood, but ordering within the required parameters was somewhat like participating in a game show.

In the end we ordered braised black Angus beef cheeks, pumpkin risotto, potato gnocchi, and the fish of the day. We agreed that all four main dishes were good to very good, but certainly not an excellent value compared to better Perth restaurants or to Seattle’s Sky City. For dessert, two of us shared a vanilla pannacotta, caramelized pineapple, and coconut sorbet. It was tasty and worth $10. Fortunately, we could share dessert. Service was average to good.

Lunch or high tea seem to be the best times to visit because there is so much to see during daylight. The St. Martin Tower parking lot was full at mid-day, and we had to park some blocks away in a parking garage.

We are glad that we celebrated the special occasion at C Restaurant, and we would probably do another special occasion there with someone who had not yet seen the view. But for a satisfying and fret-free dining experience, of course, we will seek out other restaurants in Perth.

1  Thank Staidthere
Reviewed 6 March 2012

My heart was overwhelmed by the night we had at the 'C'. It was Valentines Day so I guess that was one reason. The food was interesting..first time for us at a 'degustation??' We thought the smoke from recent bushfires would block the view, but it did not. The two piece band were really good, and the staff were happy to oblige with playing photographer for the clientele. All the food was good and the coctail for the night sent the pulse racing. Very exi for the night but it is only once a year. We look forward to having lunch there next time. Very dressy place, so girls and guys, wear your best clobber.

1  Thank Wendy B
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I've been to C several times and always enjoyed it althoug sometimes service can be a bit slow. The food is very good,but not at a high class restaurant way (advanced small dishes etc) you Get food, and its great! The gnocci and the chocolate fondant is amazing and worth the trip alone. They also have sunday high tea:) if you have special requests (surprices, allergies, porposal, etc they Are more then helpful ) and do I need to mention the view? ;)

2  Thank MissLid