“Hidden Gem”

The Painted Bird Bar & Kitchen
Ranked #28 of 1,503 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: European, Italian, Spanish, Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Painted Bird is a small bar located in the heart of the Perth CBD, offering a range of tap and bottled beers, local and international wines and cocktails. We also offer a modern casual dining menu including a range of tapas, share plates and mains.
Reviewed 20 September 2017

The scent of Jasmine in the air and the beautiful decor took my breath away. Staff were excellent without being overbearing. Our large group didn't wait long for our meals. My funghi pasta was lush and all my friends had a wonderful experience with their food. I will definitely be back.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Had a fanastic dining experience! Food was awesome and the ambience was amazing. We had a table of 12 and service was excellent. A hidden gem that I will be recommending.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

My friends and I booked here for dinner and the food was amazing!! Quiet and tucked away, the restaurant had a soothing, subtle atmosphere that was perfect for dinner conversation with friends. The food was presented beautifully and cooked to perfection.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

An unforgettable birthday celebration at this place where we opted to go to this restaurant purely due to the good previous reviews.

The place was empty and surprisingly there was no barman or a trained person to make a mocktail. The staff was not bad but there was only one female waitress running the show.
The food was horrible and tasteless where the fish was over cooked and the vegetables were very plain.please note, if anyone is going to makeup the mind and try this place, please check your bill before paying as they will add the stuff you haven't ordered. This has happened to us,and when we phoned the person answered mentioned that the manager will get back. But never responded and this has been more than10 days.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

we had just walked out of Jamies Italian because of the noise level and were looking for something quiet and enjoyable. We discovered the Painted Bird ! what a treat :-) the food was divine, the service fantastic. the ambience delightful.
we stayed for about 2 hours, had some lovely wine & a cocktail or two with a delicious meal. Definitely will be back for a special occasion meal as this is more than I would like to spend usually.