“Really good hotel in a city struggling with lack of quality hotels”

Adina Apartment Hotel Perth
Ranked #13 of 64 Hotels in Perth
Sydney, Australia
“Really good hotel in a city struggling with lack of quality hotels”
Reviewed 15 April 2012

The resources boom has seen huge demand for hotels in Perth, and as a result some shockingly bad hotels have been tolerated. Pleased to say, the Medina Grand isn't one of them. On a second stay at this hotel my room was again very comfortable, a bit dark due to the location being overshadowed by other buildings but well fitted out and well serviced. The pool and gym are small but fit for purpose as a business hotel, and the location is excellent, wedged between the CBD and river and right next to the convention centre. Their restaurant downstairs is very pleasant with great food and coffee, although of course the prices make a boy from the east coast shudder, but that's just Perth. To be noted however that the breakfast is a la carte, no buffet here. Wifi needs to be included in the room rates, otherwise I'd rate it one of the best hotels in Perth.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Phil W, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Dear NickW,

Thank you for your positive comments concerning your recent stay at Medina Grand Perth. I appreciate the time you have taken to complete the feedback.

All feedback posted on Trip Advisor is shared with my team on daily basis. Your comments; this morning where greatly appreciated by my team who strive to ensure we deliver highest quality of room presentation.

I will ensure that your feedback, concerning Metro Bar & Bistro is passed to the restaurant team.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Google maps made the Medina Grand look further from the Exhibition centre than the Hilton but due to the lower price we chose the Medina. Close - across the driveway is the entrance to the expo hall! It is brilliant for anyone working or visiting the Expo centre, which we are.

The longe area of our apartment is roomy. We have a full kitchen (not that we have used it), a good size bath although the shower is a bit small. The king size bed is very comfortable although the room a tad cramped. We have a huge balcony which I used to read the paper that was delivered to our door. The gym on the ground floor is compact but has all the equipment we needed including an excellent running machine. The pool is a little cool but is clean. There is also a spa and sauna.

The Medina Grand had everything we needed in a great location.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Tradge
Phil W, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Dear Tradge,

Thank for taking the time to provide feedback concerning your recent stay at Medina Grand Perth.

My team and I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your positive comments. I will ensure these are circulated to my team.

The Medina Grand Perth is ideally located for convention delegates as we are no more than a 100m walk to the entrance of the convention centre, sharing the same forecourt.

I hope I have an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Hotel manager
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I stayed here for 1 night with 3 other people after a wedding, In a 2bedroom apartment. When we checked in the front desk wasn't very helpful or friendly. We had to park our own car which I though was unusual for valet parking and when we found the garage door to the parking spots the key card and the intercom didn't work properly.
When we finally got to our room it was clean and spacious. How ever the 2nd bathroom smelt terribly of cigarette smoke, our sliding door to the second bedroom wouldn't shut so we had no privacy, and the king bed was broken on one side.
When we told front desk these things they just wrote down the problems on a yellow sticky note and didn't offer any apologies or any conversation really.

Although the facilities are ok I wont be staying in the medina again with staff that make you feel like your invading there space.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Leah C
Phil W, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Dear Leah C,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Medina Grand Perth.

My team and I appreciate the time you have taken to complete your feedback.

I am disappointed to read that your stay did not meet your expectations. I have addressed the reception service and housekeeping problems with the respective managers, with initiatives have been put in place to ensure these problems do not occur in the future.

In regards to valet car parking, guest parking is available; however guests are required to park their own vehicle.

If you would like to discuss an aspect of your stay with me, please call the hotel direct.

Aus
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights with my family. We had an initial problem where the airconditioning in our room broke, but the management were great and upgraded us to a top floor apartment.

NOTE: it is really difficult to find the entrance - it looks like a 'no entry' lane beside the entrance for buses to a busport. It took us 3 attempts. I rcommend making sure you are absolutely clear on how to get in. Our SatNav kept sendig us in circles. Apparently, if you enter 21 Mounts Bay Rd it works better, but I didn't test this out. I htink the management could probably put up a much more detailed map.

I do think it's worth taking the advice of previous reviewers re which room to get, as the ones above the busport looked like they'd be pretty noisy.

But, this was a tiny hiccup and we founf the location brilliant. Two blocks to town and lots of small eateries nearby during the week anyway.

Room Tip: As recommend by previous people, ask for higher rooms and ones on the West end (though they wouldn...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank AusPete
Phil W, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Dear AusPete,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of Medina Grand Perth.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that my team where able to assist you when the air conditioning problem occurred.

I am in the process of reviewing access signage to the hotel, so we can provide clearer indication of the hotels driveway. In the interim we are preparing images, to be posted on our own website displaying access to our driveway.

I hope I have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Hotel manager
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I stayed in this room in January 2012 for one night.

The hotel was a bit difficult to find, even for our local host. Check in was fine and the room was neat and clean. I was a bit disappointed Witt e disabled room as the bathroom shower is very low and a bit awkward.

The hotel seems to be over a bus depot and it was quite loud but not enough to wake me up.

No wireless Internet in room which is a disappointment and makes work a bit harder.

The hotel is a bit pricey but that may be the booming economy in the West.

Overall a good experience.

Room Tip: Ensure you are not given a disabled room!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Phil W, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
Dear Oztraveller64,

Thank you for your feedback concerning your recent stay at Medina Grand Perth. My team and I appreciate the time you have taken to let us know of your experience.

In regards to your comments, wireless internet is available to all rooms we have recently experienced some problems which our supplier has rectified. The Esplanade Busport is located below the hotel which provides our guests with an easy mode of transport around the city.

I hope we have opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.