“Good location and service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Adina Apartment Hotel Perth

Adina Apartment Hotel Perth
Ranked #13 of 81 Hotels in Perth
Aus
“Good location and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights with my family. We had an initial problem where the airconditioning in our room broke, but the management were great and upgraded us to a top floor apartment.

NOTE: it is really difficult to find the entrance - it looks like a 'no entry' lane beside the entrance for buses to a busport. It took us 3 attempts. I rcommend making sure you are absolutely clear on how to get in. Our SatNav kept sendig us in circles. Apparently, if you enter 21 Mounts Bay Rd it works better, but I didn't test this out. I htink the management could probably put up a much more detailed map.

I do think it's worth taking the advice of previous reviewers re which room to get, as the ones above the busport looked like they'd be pretty noisy.

But, this was a tiny hiccup and we founf the location brilliant. Two blocks to town and lots of small eateries nearby during the week anyway.

Room Tip: As recommend by previous people, ask for higher rooms and ones on the West end (though they wouldn...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank AusPete
Phil W, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Dear AusPete,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of Medina Grand Perth.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that my team where able to assist you when the air conditioning problem occurred.

I am in the process of reviewing access signage to the hotel, so we can provide clearer indication of the hotels driveway. In the interim we are preparing images, to be posted on our own website displaying access to our driveway.

I hope I have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Hotel manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

I stayed in this room in January 2012 for one night.

The hotel was a bit difficult to find, even for our local host. Check in was fine and the room was neat and clean. I was a bit disappointed Witt e disabled room as the bathroom shower is very low and a bit awkward.

The hotel seems to be over a bus depot and it was quite loud but not enough to wake me up.

No wireless Internet in room which is a disappointment and makes work a bit harder.

The hotel is a bit pricey but that may be the booming economy in the West.

Overall a good experience.

Room Tip: Ensure you are not given a disabled room!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Phil W, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
Dear Oztraveller64,

Thank you for your feedback concerning your recent stay at Medina Grand Perth. My team and I appreciate the time you have taken to let us know of your experience.

In regards to your comments, wireless internet is available to all rooms we have recently experienced some problems which our supplier has rectified. The Esplanade Busport is located below the hotel which provides our guests with an easy mode of transport around the city.

I hope we have opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

LeanneB_86
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

I was in Perth for my graduation and chose the Median Grand Perth for its location to the Convention & Exhibition Center. When we go there, we didn't realise how close it was so the location was perfect.

The hotel was close to all means of transport (bus, ferry and train) and very easy to walk around as well.

We booked a 2 bedroom apartment which weren't ready when we got there but they were happy to store our luggage so we could go out and explore. The luggage was in our room when we returned later that day. We were told we would receive a phone call when it was ready but this didn't happen but it didn't bother us as we were happy exploring.

The room was very large and perfect for 4 people. We were on the top floor so we had the huge wrap around balcony. I had more family staying in a different 2 bedroom apartment and theirs was a little larger (room wise) but they had a smaller balcony so it doesn't really matter. The rooms were also cleaned everyday.

There is a washing machine and dryer in the room, however you need to pay for the washing powder plus my sisters said the dryer didn't work in their room. I didn't try it in ours.

The pool is small, felt a little over-crowded at times and there is a lot of chlorine so it did hurt the eyes a little bit, but it was never cold. The gym only had a treadmill, cross trainer and a couple of weight machines. There was also a spa.

I didn't try the restaurant downstairs but just looking at the prices I found it a little pricy, $21 for a club sandwich. Although, I did find other Perth restaurants pricey and the services wasn't good at all.

We needed a taxi a couple of times to go out for dinner and had some issues. One night reception called and booked the taxi for us and had to call 3 times and they kept hanging up on her. We called ourselves and it turned up straight away. Another time we requested a taxi and reception didn't call so we ended up calling ourselves. So either call and book a taxi yourself or take the 2 minute walk to the main street and flag a taxi down.

As there are 2 Medina hotels in Perth (10 mins apart) make sure you tell the taxi driver if they question which one, just say go to the Convention and Exhibition Center and they will know where to go.

Apart from the taxi issue the staff were friendly and were able to provide assistance with other queries we had. I would recommend staying here as the prices were reasonable and location is excellent for functions at the center.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Phil W, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this review, 27 January 2012
Dear LeanneB_86,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Medina Grand Perth.

My team and I thank you for your kind comments concerning your stay. I have noted your comments concerning taxi bookings. We are training all team members to use the online booking service for taxis which we have great success with.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

We spent 5 nights . our second visit to this hotel and chose a top floor grand apartment --these are about twice the size of a normal 1 bedroom apartment with a very large lounge with 2 lounges , large TV and floor to really high ceilings and windows. There is a well equipped kitchen --full size fridge, oven,4 hotplates and dishwasher washing machine and drier in the bathroom . King bed and TV in the bedroom Choice of room is important ---we faced Kings Park away from the bus station end, beautiful sunsets and full length block out curtains reduce heat and glare.A previous stay at a lower floor at the bus station end was very noisyThese units have huge balcony with table and chairs and Our iinitial unit had non/poorly functioining a/c and it took to the second day of complaint when a room change solved the problem

Room Tip: Avoid the bus station buses start going out very early and while rooms on the Convention Centre s...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sheila M
Phil W, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this review, 18 January 2012
Dear sheilarussell,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Medina Grand Perth and for your kind comments regarding our Premier Grand apartments.

I look forwrd to welcoming back to the Medina Grand Perth when you next visit.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

The rooms at the Perth Medina Grand are very comfortable well set apartments. The rooms are large and well furnished. Two flat screen TVs was a nice touch. The hotel location is very good at the better end of central Perth.
The restaurant downstairs is excellent for breakfast. The only downside of the hotel is the ridiculous wifi charges, honestly how they can justify what is often free at many places is difficult to understand.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Rossco90
Phil W, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this review, 6 January 2012
Dear Rossco90,

Thank you for your kind comments concerning your recent stay with us.

The team at Medina Grand Perth are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.