“very comfortable hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 81 Hotels in Perth
Melbourne, Australia
“very comfortable hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

The rooms at the Perth Medina Grand are very comfortable well set apartments. The rooms are large and well furnished. Two flat screen TVs was a nice touch. The hotel location is very good at the better end of central Perth.
The restaurant downstairs is excellent for breakfast. The only downside of the hotel is the ridiculous wifi charges, honestly how they can justify what is often free at many places is difficult to understand.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Rossco90
Phil W, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Perth, responded to this review, 6 January 2012
Dear Rossco90,

Thank you for your kind comments concerning your recent stay with us.

The team at Medina Grand Perth are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2011

I was booked into this hotel on a work trip and so I have no idea what it cost or what the usual standard is in Perth. However, I was pleasantly surprised with the size and cleanliness of my room. It was very well equipped with kitchen/lounge/bedroom and bathroom and had everything in there you could need on business trip. The gym downstairs was nothing special but I used the pool a few times after a run along the river. The location is excellent I could walk to work and explore the city easily on foot. Overall I would say it was nothing flash but I enjoyed my stay and the convenience.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 1st floor which was not great so aim for a room higher up for a bit more privacy...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Bertolucci77
Dear Bertolucci77,

Thank you for your feedback concerning your recent stay at Medina Grand Perth.

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide your feedback and your positive comments are greatly appreicated.

I have noted your comments concerning our gym facilities. I am in the process of reviewing these facilities. I hope in the near future to expand these facilities.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

The Grand Medina in Perth was a great hotel and we loved our stay there. We paid $160 for the night and $27 for parking. The rooms were seriously fantastic. Very clean, tidy and modern, we had a balcony, a king bed and a nice bright bathroom. I was highly impressed. The location was fantastic and it met our every need. The only issue we found was to be the service. No help regarding parking, slow service at the front desk, highly congested with a huge wait. False information regarding what money was "held" on our card. I find this to be unacceptable and highly invasive when hotel chains "hold" money in your account, without telling you beforehand, thus causing an overdraw because the Medina took nearly $60 more than the room rate and parking to be paid, that we budgeted for. Overall though, the quality of the rooms were 5 star.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank PerthieGirl
Dear PerthieGirl,

Thank you for your feedback concerning your recent stay at Medina Grand Perth.

Your positive comments concerning the quality of our rooms is greatly appreicated. A considerable amount of effort goes into ensuring we deliver a well presented aprtment for our guests.

I have noted your comments concerning service. This has been addressed with my reception team, so that we can improve our overall guest experience.

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback.

I would like to thank you providing this feedback and if you would like to discuss this in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2011

We were in Perth for a conference and the Medina location was great. The apartment was good and met our expectations. We had to purchase Internet access for the week which was a tad over the top at $115.00 (Australian), given that you pay about half that for a month, domestically. The apartment was cleaned daily however one day it was at 10.30am, then the next day it was 2pm. On a couple of days we skipped having it cleaned as we had been out and didn't want to go out again while they cleaned it. Not knowing when they were coming to clean was a negative.
The bed was really comfortable. There were tvs in both the lounge and bedroom which was good. The shower was over the bath and the shower produced an abundance of water over the edge of the bath, however the cleanliness was good.
The restaurant off the foyer was convenient but on two occasions was closed for weddings.
We would stay there again if attending a conference due to the close proximity to the fabulous conference centre.. A quick walk across a courtyard. It was also very close to the Swan River and public transport. All in all a very good place to stay and I would recommend.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank CBMB1704
Dear CBMB1704,

Thankyou for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Medina Grand Perth.

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. In relation to the points you have raised I have addressed your concerns with my Housekeeping team to improve our overall guest experience and improve the timeliness of room servicing.

Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

Rooms are reasonably sized. Bed was comfy and mini bar was appreciated. The restaurant on site provided room service which was very $$$$$ for what it was. Didn't seem to be a lot of others places around to eat which was a negative. Although convenience store in the bus terminal next door was good for breakfast supplies. All up, reasonable business hotel

• Stayed November 2011