“Pleasant Meal”

The Stables Bar
Ranked #50 of 1,462 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Situated in the heart of the CBD at the end of Hay Street laneway The Stables Bar features two levels of bar and dining experiences, including an outdoor balcony with views of the city and a cobblestone courtyard that transports you away from the hustle and bustle of the city. At the helm of the kitchen is Executive Chef Ben Keal who presents diners with a refreshing take on modern Australian dining, creating humble, rustic fare that is perfect to share. With a focus on seasonal produce, the menu is ever-changing which means you can visit again, and again.. Enjoy the extensive drinks list which offers local and imported beers, a great mix of wines as well as delicious expertly made cocktails. The Stables is perfect for your next corporate event or social get to together, being able to cater for up to 110 guests sit down or up to 250 guests standing. Whatever you do make sure your next visit to the city include dropping into The Stables Bar.
Reviewed 25 October 2016

My girlfriend and i decided to go here for dinner and have drinks after. She had been here once before and mentioned the food was really good. Between the 2 of us we shared a Mac & four cheese croquettes, Pan roasted chicken wings and the Crispy soft shell crab. We enjoyed all 3 dishes! The service was prompt and our waitress was helpful. I had a espresso martini soon after dinner and it was divine! Definitely a must try. I'll be going back soon and i'll definitely be dragging a couple more friends along.

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

We visited the upstairs restaurant twice in tge past four weeka and both occasions were really enjoyable. We ordered a number of small dishes and they all tasted really nice. The attentive and friendly staff makes the experience just great.

Reviewed 26 September 2016

Fantastic service and lovely food. We were there for a birthday celebration. A lovely barmaid (Irish nationality I think) could not have been more helpful. We had a great night.

Reviewed 21 September 2016

Luckily I Went with a group and had "the feed" taster menu. It was both genourous and delicious and great value at $45/ head. Everything was exceptional. (I'm not genourous with compliments) highlights were the bread and dip, arancini(best I've had ever), gnocchi was also the best I've ever tasted from the dumplings themselves and the perfect accompaniments. I would wouldve been satisfied there but the meats came out and dessert platter. The only feedback is I'm not big on de constructed desserts so I won't judge it, the wagyu burger that came out looked great but meat was a bit dry (hence no need to use wagyu?) more filling like cheese or pickles would've compensated for that. But that's only a small thing. Great place overall, I'll definitely come back next time I'm in Perth.

Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

If you seek some drinks and music with a lot dressed up people between 20 and 35, that is the place to be. Crowded, a little bit pricy but with a lot of nice people and sexy women.