“Good breakfast Pre Rottnest”
Review of Riverside Cafe

Riverside Cafe
Ranked #53 of 1,548 Restaurants in Perth
Price range: USD 10 - USD 26
Cuisines: Asian, Australian
Good for: View
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Enjoy fresh food made to order whilst sipping a local wine or beer, sitting on our riverside deck on the Swan River in Elizabeth Quay
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Stopped here for brekkie as had gone room only at our hotel and glad we did. Coffee and juice excellent. Ordered the avo and labneh. Didn’t quite come as I expected but it was tasty all the same. Could have done with a big wedge of lemon. Husband had a bacon and sausage bap and it looked awesome. He said it was too. He just didn’t let me have a bite !! Wasn’t the cheapest breakfast mind you....

BM615VGS, Owner at Riverside Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you, IncognitoJones, for taking the time to review us.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed our hospitality.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

So it’s Good Friday and we’ve had a late start to the day. Off to the beautiful Barrack St precinct to have some breakfast.

There is very little open but this cafe seems great from outside. We’re studying the brekky menu and before we’ve walked in, our order is ready. I’m thinking smashed avo and poached eggs and my husband has his eyes on Belgium waffles.

So it’s around 11:30 and we’re really hungry. We’ll have a coffee while we wait for our meal..... or so we thought!

We get to the counter to be told breakfast is finished (even though there are plenty of menus around and meals are still coming out). Lunch service doesn’t start for another half hour!!!!!!!!

Really??!! No, it can’t be! I had already imagined the SAPE (smashed avo, poached eggs) in front of me!

The options? A muffin, hot cross bun, both of which looked fine or some unidentifiable things in a display case - wrapped and unlabelled.

Ok so hunger took over. I went for the HCB and hubby, the muffin.

Have to say the apple muffin was great. Sort of crunchy on the top, moist (great word that) and flavoursome inside.

A picture paints a thousand words. Take a look at the HCB. O.M.G I have never in my life been served anything like this. You know how they are normally around 5 cm thick - give or take. Whoever toasted these was determined to make the Guinness Book of Records for the thinnest HCB and they succeeded at a total thickness of about 1.5 cms. I must ring GBR and let them know their search is over. Just go to Riverside Cafe.

After looking at it and wondering if I had slipped into some alternative universe where everything is meant to be flat, I ate it. Yep. I ate it. I was too hungry not to. At least now I know what warm cardboard with raisins in it tastes like.

Great view across the river, good muffin. I can’t say anything more than that.

3  Thank Helen C

Thank you, Helen C, for taking the time to review us.

You are right. There is very little open in Perth on Good Friday and this is why it is one of our busiest days of the year. As we promulgate on our menus and media advertising, our breakfast service starts at 8am (often earlier) and finishes at 11.30am. We take our last order at 11.30 and the Chefs will be cooking these whilst the lunch service is prepped for service starting at Noon.

We are sorry you were not able to get you breaky - it would have been great. Unfortunately I cannot excuse our poor excuse of a Hot Cross Bun - I would think the Chefs were under pressure and put it in the slam toaster with the lid down - not what we would normally have done - I wished you had brought it back then we should have been able to toast another properly for you. Very sorry.

Ah well - hopefully we will see you early on Good Friday in 2019.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Visited yesterday just before our river cruise staff was friendly and helpful
Banana cake was lovely and coffee was amazing
Food looked good

Thank you, Wendy A, for taking the time to review us.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your coffee and cake.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Breakfast for the family! Good meals by the jetty for the extended family for 20. Unfortunately the seating outside is too windy. Waffles is nice with popcorns by the side. Interesting!

Thank you, Coi Wai L, for taking the time to review us.

We are so pleased that you and your extended family enjoyed your breakfasts - the customer is King!. Apologies for the wind y conditions, but Perth is The Windy City. WE do have sheltered seating on our riverside decking and of course inside.

We are renowned for our fantastic house waffles.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

We paid 10 dollars for 3 pieces of sourdough along with 3 seperate small plastic cartons of jam and one butter a bot on expensive side prob $8. A little dissapointed as We had to ask for our drinks as didn't arrive waiting for toast which waswe had already waited 15 minutes.
Being on the river and having seatimg access next to river this cafe should be thinking more of the environmemt and sustainable practices ie jams and butter placed into washable containers. We had a windy morning and as a result our plastic empty containers were off our plates and onto the floor area in a blink of an eye, luckily we were able to retrieve these before landing in the river.
Please improve as we like your cafe and not everyone who visits is a tourist as we were locals.

Thank you, lejones, for taking the time to review us.

We are trying hard to improve our "green" performance. We now us recycled takeaway coffee cups & lids - these are both recyclable as well. Our cold drink cups are recycled pet and our straws are now paper, not plastic.

With regard to the packaged preserves and butter, we have found them more presentable than trying to fill ramekins. However, we will try to find other options.