“The One Hour Business Lunch Destination”

Sentinel Bar & Grill
Ranked #9 of 1,462 Restaurants in Perth
Price range: USD 26 - USD 52
Cuisines: French, Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Sentinel Bar & Grill is a welcome addition to the burgeoning dining and small bar scene in the Perth CBD. Paying homage to the style of New York and the intrinsic food culture of France, Sentinel Bar & Grill is a sophisticated restaurant and bar, encompassing breakfast, lunch, dinner, all day dining.Sentinel's lunch and dinner menu, complemented by an enticing bar menu features a concise, considered grill component balanced with classically inspired bistro food. Sentinel's wine list promotes French titles augmented with local and other international varietals. The bar serves a varied range of both tap and bottled beer, supported by a comprehensive list of spirits and classic cocktails.
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Went to Sentinel Bar & Grill on a Tuesday with a work colleague for a "quick" one hour lunch in Perth from 12 to 1pm. I had the Angel Hair Pasta with Crab & my work Colleague had the Wagyu Burger & Fries.
The place was packed and despite not having a reservation, the Maître d' was very accommodating & friendly, escorted us to a table for 2 in less than a minute. The lively "business lunch crowd" noise was not overpowering where I needed to scream across the table to communicate to my work colleague; but was at a respectable decibel level where I could converse fluidly without being interrupted by the party sitting on both sides of myself.
For the food, the angel hair pasta was amazing! When it arrived it was well presented and I could actually see crab meat pieces!!! The crab was not over cooked or undercooked and tasted fresh, not previously frozen. The pasta was al dente, and was served not overly hot or cold. My colleague finished the Wagyu Burger, which was cooked on the Medium side, in literally 5 minutes! They commented that the Brioche bun was a great complement to the burger and fries were of a good crunch. I have to say that the complementary 2 pieces of bread and butter was a surprising touch. I saved my one piece to dip in the tomato sugo sauce that made my meal feel complete.
Although we did not order desert, the offerings were very appealing and is a reason to come back again very soon.
Interestingly the place is not open on the weekends, as it would be a great brunch spot.

Sentinelbar, Owner at Sentinel Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Hi Accounting _Bean,

What a review- such a pleasure to read! The angel hair pasta was the signature dish made by the previous owners mother- our chef learnt from her so it is fantastic to hear the standard has not dropped.
We are open for light lunch and high tea on the weekends, though not for brunch... definitely something to think about in the future however.
Thanks again for taking the time to leave a review- hope to see you in again soon!

Jerome Guesdon

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Two in for a Monday lunch, and although we had salads and coffee, I was hankering for a steak and a glass of red. Inspiring decor, right on the terrace, and next booking will be dinner!

Sentinelbar, Owner at Sentinel Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Hi bizcoach27,

It's not often that salads and coffee beat steak and shiraz, but we applaud your self-control!
Great to hear you enjoyed your lunch with us, and look forward to having you in for that glass of red soon.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Last night went out to dinner with friends to this restaurant. I ordered the fish of the day and the others had meat dishes. The food was simply delicious and perfectly cooked. Loved the ambiance and how the room made us feel cosy and in an intimate setting. The wait staff were really helpful and we were happy with the wines that they recommended. Located in the heart of Perth city; this place is one of the best restaurants for all occasions. Will definitely be back.

1  Thank Nixibelle

Hi Nixibelle,

Thanks for your feedback, so glad to hear your dinner with us was enjoyed!
Atmosphere is very important to us, so I'm glad that the effort we put in to creating an intimate dining experience is appreciated.
I will of course pass on your comments to my staff, and thank you again for your lovely review.
Hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed 10 October 2017

We held a champagne high tea at the Sentinel on Saturday for 14 people. I would highly recommend it, it was a great experience. The staff were excellent, they were warm and friendly and very accommodating, nothing was too much trouble. Please thank the lovely girl and young French(?) waiter who took great care of us all, they are a credit to you.The food was not only presented beautifully but was very nice, so a big thanks to your chefs too, we will definitely be back !!

Hi meanandjathome,

Thanks for taking the time to leave such a lovely review, I'm very pleased to hear your high tea with us was such a success.
I will of course pass on your thanks to our service team and chefs, appreciation is always appreciated and it's customers like yourselves that remind us why we love what we do!

Looking forward to having you back in, hopefully soon!

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Yesterday we visited the Sentinel Bar & Grill for a bday high tea. Two guests needed a gluten free option which was no problem. Booking was easy and done online. I have to say we were all very impressed! It's a beautiful venue on the corner of St. George's Terrace and William Street Perth. We parked at the Convention Centre. The food was amazing, the gluten free option was so good! The desserts were very impressive! Staff were friendly and helpful and we will definitely be back! We had the standard high tea package which was $45 per person, so worth it!!

Hi MyDarcy,

Thanks for your lovely review, so glad to hear you enjoyed High Tea at the Sentinel! We know how frustrating it can be trying to find delicious options for high tea when catering for dietary requirements, so am very glad to hear that ours went down well.
Looking forward to having you back in for dinner perhaps, or just for another excuse to have desserts and scones in the afternoon!

Thanks again,