“An amazing experience”

Starsand Yacht Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Starsand is a 65 foot beautiful Sailing Yacht We do charters from Fremantle Fishing Boat Harbor and Also from Broome into the Kimberly (April to September).We offer day sailing and overnight options. We offer private or shared sailing experiences - twilight sails, days sails (half or full day). We offer charters to Rottnest island, Carnac and also coastal water sailing. Come experience sailing aboard Starsand, sit back and relax, or take part in pulling the sails and getting behind the helm.
Reviewed 25 January 2016

We booked the twilight 3 hours cruise and it was a great experience. The departure point was convenient and easy to find, there was a good amount of people onboard and the staff was very friendly. The food offered wasnt amazing, but it's constantly flowing and there is a lot of variety. The sparkling wine was nice and the 2nd bottle we purchased at the bar reasonably priced. I'd do this again.

Reviewed 15 January 2016

We had booked a sunset cruise for 5th Jan but unfortunately my husband came down with a sickness bug that day - I called and left a message and sent an email in advance of the cruise to advise that we couldn't make the trip for fear of passing the bugs to other guests and that he really wasn't well. As we were leaving for the UK the next day, I asked if the cruise could be transferred to my father, who lives in Perth, to use on another date. I did not get any response at all until I chased yesterday - only to be told that my father would have to pay another $50pp rebooking fee! Not the kind of customer service you would expect for totally unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances.

1  Thank Tracey M
Reviewed 10 January 2016

Our sunset cruise was disappointing due mainly to the weather and our own unpreparedness. Although it was summer we saw very little twilight sunset due to much cloudiness and above normal wind conditions creating strong waves for a 65-foot yacht carrying 24 passengers and two crews. My wife was unwell due to seasickness, could have taken some tablets before hand, if we knew better. Crews were caring and trying what they could by providing ginger lollies and recommending us to move to the back of the yacht. It was much better for my wife at the back. Food served was average. If we were to do this again we would charter the yacht together with a group friends to a tailor-made itinerary, organise our own food and drinks and choose a day when the weather is really fine. This well build yacht with teak timber deck powered by wind and a diesel engine is available for group charter 24/7.

Reviewed 19 December 2015

This is a sail boat yet we spent a considerable amount of time under engine power, a lot of time in the harbours and only really the last 20 minutes on the open sea, again under engine power mostly. We still had a great sunset, with great nibbles and drinks and the crew were friendly and knowledgeable.

Despite having a voucher and confirmatory emails we were not on the guest list, although this was quickly resolved upon showing the email - so make sure you have proof of your confirmation. A good experience but it lacked the wow factor.

1  Thank Richard T