All reviewskings parktennis courtsgreat locationjacob's ladderon site restaurantfull kitchencity centrefamily stayst georgegreat facilitiessecure parkingwashing machine and dryerwithin walking distanceswan riverminute walkserviced dailygood size
Reviewed 5 April 2016

We stayed here as we had an event at the Convention Centre (about a 3 min walk from the apartments) The apartment is very spacious considering tis so close to the city & excellent value for money.
There are two separate bedrooms one with a king bed & the other with two singles. Bathroom & toilet are separate along with a closed away laundry, full kitchen, lounge area & balcony.
The free parking is a bonus too!
The breakfast was nice down in the restaurant too.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah P
Reviewed 2 April 2016 via mobile

Stayed here, with a friend, for two nights. We were attending the Perth Convention Center and these apartments are perfect for there, as they're a five minute walk away!

The room was spacious, comfy with a decent kitchenette. Staff are friendly too.

Recommended!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 March 2016

Have stayed here on many occasions over a number of years and found it okay for 2 or 3 nights. Location on Mounts Bay Road is good as it provides some nice parkland and access to the river for early morning or evening walks and is only 15 mins walk from Perth CBD. Breakfast service is fine, with a good choice cater to most tastes depending on your personal choice to start the day or continental or full. Rooms are generally clean and comfortable, however some are showing signs of lots of use and really need a refurbishment

First thing to be aware of, is the location right next to the main North/South freeway. Since my first stay here a few years ago in the 'main building' next to the freeway, I always insist when booking, on an upper level room in a building well away from the freeway. On all but one occasion, this request has been catered for with no issue. On the occasion when i arrived to check in (late at night) and the request was not catered for, (even though it was confirmed when booking), I just went and stayed at another hotel within walking distance and away from the freeway.

Second thing to be aware of is internet access, for which you must take out a subscription using a credit card at the source that is when registering to use. Use of internet IN NOT charged to your room and included on your account when you check out. This is all very well, if it works!!

For the 1st time in all my stays here I had to use the internet to attend 2 conference calls on successive evenings at 10pm to speak with a client team located in UK. However, I found that I could not connect to the internet because the registration process would not accept my credit card details!!! The MBW reception desk could not help and told me to contact the service provider. The service provider could not help as they had, and I quote, "never had this issue before"!! Interesting, to say the least.

As I had no web access, and with 15 mins. to call time, had to phone the UK and excuse myself from the 1st call. Not a good look!! Certainly made sure I had other arrangements for the 2nd call !!

Due to this 'internet experience' I will not be staying at the Mounts Bay Waters again when traveling to Perth.

Room Tip: Ask for room on upper level in a building away from the freeway!!
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2016

2 couples stayed at Mounts Bay Waters Apartment Hotel. Wanted to let readers know, excellent service, very clean apartment, safe secure parking, close proximity for walking into the City or to Elizabeth Quays. We had breakfast at the restaurant at Mounts Bay Waters and it was beautiful with excellent service. Highly recommend. We had travelled up to the city from Bunbury for a night show.

Room Tip: we had a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment situated to the rear, so very quiet...and very very secure.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ross & Lynise O
Reviewed 15 March 2016

We stayed at Mounts Bay Waters Apartment Hotel at the start and end of our Australian trip in February 2016. On arrival (the first time) we were upgraded from a two bed one bath apartment to a two bed two bath apartment in the block farthest away from the main reception. The rooms were a good size with decent facilities. The apartment was at the back of the hotel facing the cliff and the air conditioner unit was on our balcony, so when it was running it was unbearable to sit on the balcony. We should state that Perth was enduring a record breaking heatwave at the time. We stayed in this apartment for 5 nights and we were generally satisfied. While we were there the biggest of the two swimming pools was out of action due to a leak in the liner.

When we returned at the end of out trip we were given an apartment in the block above the main reception at the front. The apartment appeared to be older than the one we stayed in previously and not as well maintained. When trying to use one of the cooker hob rings there was a loud bang and the electrics tripped out. Fortunately a person at reception managed to find the circuit breakers and restored power. The airconditioner in the main room dripped incessantly overnight and I had to lay towels on the floor to reduce the noise and save the carpet. We left the next day hoping that the two faults would be sorted before the next residents arrived.

Previous reviewers have said that the free CAT bus runs from outside the hotel. This is incorrect but the buses are free to ride within the Central Business District and the 950 is fairly frequent into the heart of the city and there is a stop outside the hotel. Currently Jacobs Ladder, the stairs up the Kings Park, located near the hotel are closed whilst works go ahead. There is a petition to ensure that the stairs are reopened.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family