“Friendly staff, tired hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Parmelia Hilton Perth

Parmelia Hilton Perth
Ranked #18 of 81 Hotels in Perth
Australia
“Friendly staff, tired hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

The staff in the hotel were very friendly and helpful in this rather tired looking hotel that really needs an upgrade.Be prepared to carry your own bags to your room though! Good pool and neat little gym The hotel is in a good position in Perth as it is an easy walk to the main attractions of the city. Dont have breakfast in the hotel but explore the surrounds for the many excellent cafes where you can get a really good breakfast for half the price of the hotel. Probably won't stay there again as there are better hotels, for the money, in Perth.

Room Tip: WE did upgrade to a suite and were pleased we did as there was lots of space and we had easy access...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Dear mcwheel

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Parmelia Hilton on TripAdvisor – it is very much appreciated!

It is great to learn our team looked after you so well – thank you - though I am very sorry it was necessary to carry your own bags. Whilst we were very busy at the time, it is still no excuse and I do apologise.

I’m delighted you enjoyed our newly refurbished fitness centre and pool. It’s also nice to know that our convenient location to the CBD and shopping district made your stay in Perth a little easier.

Thank you again and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Parmelia Hilton very soon .

David Constantine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Western Australia, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

We stayed over a weekend. Checking in was easy, room comfortable. Bathroom very 80's, clean enough but very small. Nice bed. Oldish, scratchy towels. Can wait ages for the lifts, which seem a bit asthmatic. Furniture in halls and corridors looks like stuff in a Salvo's shop.
Good staff, well trained. Like all hotels in Perth, pricey. Not bad, though.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank AndrewDarwin
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Dear AndrewDarwin

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Parmelia Hilton Perth and for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor – we really appreciate your feedback!

I’m naturally delighted you found the room comfortable and the team Members well trained. I will be
sure to pass on your comments.

You mentioned the furniture in the corridors. Well, as a result of your comments we have actually removed all the items. Thanks for the feedback.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Parmelia Hilton very soon.

Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

I checked into room 615 of the Perth Hilton. Engineering had to visit the room because the shower backed up so badly the tub filled to the top. When the engineer left, he left the bathroom in disorder, including water on the floor and the bathmat bunched up on the tub. Second, the room was extremely dirty. Dust was all over the phone, pictures on the wall, the lamp, the desk, the nightstand. Mold on tiles in the bathtub. It appeared the room had not been cleaned in some time.

I stopped at the front desk to ask whether or not the engineer had fixed the issue in my tub. One of the staff who was a "journey manager" stated that it had been fixed and her colleague said it was "fixed to the best of their ability and a plumber had to be called in tomorrow". When I stated I am checking out tomorrow, I was asked (by the Journey Manager) if I wanted to speak to a manager. I said that it was not necessary and looked at them in astonishment because they had not asked if I wanted my room changed as a result of the plumber being called to repair the issue the next day. I also was puzzled why the journey manager immediately jumped to me speaking to the manager as a solution when I had not escalated a thing. I simply wanted to know if the plumbing issue was resolved.

When I returned to my room, the manager called me (again, not requested) and I informed him of all the issues. I told him that the Hilton does not appear to be ready for prime time and does not stand up to its US brand. Additionally, I informed him of the dust, the mold, and the condition in which the engineer left the room. I also informed him that the bed appears as though someone napped in it!

These pictures show it all. I go out of my way to stay at the Hilton as is demonstrated by my Hilton Honors Diamond Status. In Australia that is an expensive thing to do and, in fact, often an inconvenient thing to do. I might avoid the Hilton in the future.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank SMEMBoston_Ma
Dear SMEMBoston_Ma

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor – we really appreciate your feedback.

Firstly, please accept my sincere apologies for the way in which we handled the problems
you encountered with the bathroom. It is certainly not the way we should address these
situations.

Additionally, the way Reception reacted to your question was not done in a way that we expect
our Team to perform.

The Departments involved are aware of your disappointment and we have now had the opportunity
to implement some additional trainng to make sure this does not happen again.

We appreciate your loyalty as one of our HHonors Diamond Members and value your
feedback.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to the Parmelia Hilton.

We will make sure that you have a trouble free experience.

Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

Booked mystery deal and was impressed from checkin to checkout. We accepted the upgrade for an extra $50/ night and managed to score an enormous suite on the top floor complete with lounge/ dining room for $200/ night! The rooms were a little tired but given the price, the fabulous bed and the marble bathroom we couldnt complain.The service was amazing. Everyone said hello with a smile from the cleaners to the maintenance people. It made us feel really special! The food in the restaurant downstairs was great and I would definitely be recommending this place to family and friends.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank austraveldr
gmperthhilton, General Manager at Parmelia Hilton Perth, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear Austraveldr

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Parmelia Hilton – thank you very much for your positive comments on Trip Advisor!

It was really nice to hear that all the staff made you feel special ! We really try hard to make sure this happens and the Team will be very appreciative of your feedback.

I am also glad that you enjoyed the food in our restaurant.

Again, thanks very much for the positive feedback.

We look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Parmelia Hilton in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

We spent the weekend here and from the check in at reception to our check out all staff we came in contact with were outstanding. We were upgraded and because we belong to the honours reward system with Hilton, we took the free breakfast that was offered to us. It was one of the best selection of buffet breakfasts we have had at a hotel. You can even make your own fresh juice using a juicer. The pool was lovely as it was hot, and was offered a free bottle of water by the pool staff member who came out to see how we were. Location is at top end of city and able to walk to all places. Nice quiet location. Will always stay here and always recommend this place. Well done to whoever trains and selects the staff. By the way the beds are heavenly.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Palony
Dear Palony

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Parmelia Hilton – thank you very much for your lovely comments on Trip Advisor!

It was really nice to hear that all the staff you came into contact with were outstanding. We will be sure to pass that on to the Team, they always enjoy receiving great feedback like that.

We were also happy to hear that you enjoyed our pool area and also the Hilton Breakfast.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Parmelia Hilton in the near future.