“Exquisite!!”

Bali Hai Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Broome
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I chose the Bali Hai based on reviews here, and I want to thank the people who took the time to write them. I happily received a free upgrade to a deluxe studio which was large, beautiful, comfortable beyond words and functional in every way. The suite is split level with the bedroom area raised a few steps above the sitting room, kitchen and vast bathroom that looks out onto the mandi shower garden. It feels every bit as luxurious as it looks. The locally-made Hidden Valley soaps are divine, and I was delighted to find I could buy them at the shop in the airport. The free wifi was also very welcome. While there's no restaurant within the complex, the studio is set up for self-catering with a full kitchen leading onto a lovely outdoor barbecue area. Food is available at a pub nearby which I didn't try, and a couple of other more up-market bars near the beach, a 10-minute walk away, that were good. The grounds of the resort are lush and well tended, and I had a lovely swim in the gorgeous pool after a night out with friends and again in the early morning. I felt indulged and refreshed after my brief stay and can't recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank lindo7766
BaliHaiResort, Manager at Bali Hai Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 16 February 2012

Had an overnight stay here in studio 5, that extended into two nights. Room was booked by a third party which went very smoothly. I was personally shown to my room by the receptionist who then went onto orientate me to my room. The receptionist was extremely helpful in recommending places to eat, such a pleasant young lady. The self contained studio was true to its word. A small kitchenette next to the lounge area. Nice flat screen t.v. The queen bed was very comfortable. Absolutely loved the out door Mandi, although not quite sure what guests would do when it rained. The laundry area was just right. Your own little BBQ area just outside your front door equipped with gas bottle. The BBQ was quite easy to work for someone who has never used a gas BBQ like me. Studio 5 is situated just in front of the pool. Now, I'm not much one for swimming, but even I had to go for a dip.The Spa was also practically a stones throw from the studio. My remedial massage was, absolutely fabulous. That masseuse really did get the knots out of my upper back and shoulder, I'm sure I drifted off in parts:) Although not too near the town, it is within walking distance of Cable Beach. Went for a walk around the neighbourhood, nice and quiet, just the way I like it. I can honestly say that even though I was passing through Broome, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Bali Hai Resort and Spa and will be coming back soon. Hey, even the cleaners were extremely helpful and pleasant, they always had a smile on their faces. Just one thing though. Would it be possible to move the position of the safe from on the floor to atleast eye level to the average person?

Room Tip: Traveled in February, quite time of the year. For couples or singles' Studio 5 is situated in fr...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Bojasher
BaliHaiResort, Front Office at Bali Hai Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

Thank you for your lovely comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 27 November 2011

Really enjoyed our time here. Very nice accommodation. Great bath!

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank PleagleTrainer
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We enjoyed a 3 night stay at the Bali Hai. The location was very convenient to Cable Beach and a short walk to the Diver's Tavern restaurant. The resort grounds were tropical and lush with a Bali theme. We stayed in a studio single that had a queen bed, small kitchen and lounge area with a flat screen tv. There was also a patio area with a table and chairs and a gas grill. The outdoor shower and toilet was a delightful experience out of the ordinary. There was a large pool area with comfortable lounge chairs. Unfortunately, we didn't have the time to experience the day spa. Staff were pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lisa K
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We were traveling with another couple to Broome and found Bali Hai had some villas with two "master" bedrooms (King beds in each) perfect for two couples. We were in Villa 6, which had one very large indoor bathroom/shower/large tub and one outdoor shower/sink/toilet. Our companions loved the outside bathroom and we would have too, but we also enjoyed the indoor one especially that it was so roomy. We found the beds extremely comfortable...our companions said it was a bit hard for them. What I liked best was the exterior look..very Bali, of course. And fabulous large covered patio for each villa complete with barbecue grill and table/chairs. Enjoyed each morning there. Interior is very simple, plain tile, simple leather couches, but quite clean and comfortable. All the amenities (shampoo, dryer, etc.) and in the kitchen as well--perfect for cooking at home. I was surprised given that it was rather like an apartment, that it was cleaned each day. There is a little store walking distance away that has basic food items. The beach is walking distance but more of a hike than I expected, but we're not daily beach people anyway. If you are, I suggest rent a bike at the bike rental on the way to keep for your visit. The girls at the front desk were beautiful in every way...SO helpful! Printing boarding passes, calling to make reservations, storing laptops, and helping us however they could. Loved the outdoor covered lobby. Fantastic customer service! Great value too. Good drive from town, but on the bus route.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends