Cable Beach Club Resort & Spa
Broome Time Accommodation(Broome)(Great Value!)
USD 172
USD 159
Travelocity
Moonlight Bay Suites(Broome)(Great Value!)
USD 277
Oaks Broome(Broome)
USD 353
USD 249
USD 304
USD 251
Ramada Eco Beach Resort(Broome)(Great Value!)
USD 150
  • Pool
Beaches of Broome(Broome)(Great Value!)
USD 126
USD 70
USD 36
Hostelworld.com
  • Pool
The Pearle of Cable Beach(Broome)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
Cable Beach Backpackers(Broome)(Great Value!)
1,555 results
All reviewsfamily poolsunset barclub restaurantadult poolcable beach clubocean pooljapanese restauranttennis courtstour deskpearlers bungalowchahoya spamini golfwater playgroundgarden view studioglass of champagnebuffet breakfastwatching the sunset
Reviewed 29 October 2011

I surprised my Mum with a weekend trip up to Broome. We were looking for relaxation and pampering and were not at all let down. We had booked a garden view studio. Upon arriving in Broome the transfer was easy and having been greeted with refreshing towels we thought it was a great start. Having a quick tour around the town they took us to the hotel where we were greeted with sparkling wine and told our room was ready even though it was only 10am. I had requested a quiet room on the top floor at the end of a row. I had also requested an extra day bed on the balcony. All of these requests were met and the room had a fabulous view of the gardens and a slight view of the adults pool. the next few days were full of spending time at the adults pool, in the spa (AMAZING!!!) and going on a few tours like the camels and Willie Creek Pearl tour. On the first night we had dinner at the Sunset Bar & Grill which was fantastic meal. The service was excellent and the food perfect. We did then try and book for the Thai pearl for the following night but it was fully booked so that is worth booking in advance as is the spa. The spa was a very special experience and provided some of the best treatments I've ever had. The resort was truely amazing and went far beyond our expectations. Be prepared to get completely lost amoungst the beautiful grounds though! The location couldn't have been better and I would say on behalf of myself and my Mum it was one of the best weekend stays away we have ever had.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor end room to ensure quiet sleep. Ask for a room near the adults pool especially in school holidays.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
CBCR2008, General Manager at Cable Beach Club Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2011

I’m so pleased we could contribute to what sounds like a wonderful weekend with your Mum. Thankyou for such a detailed, positive review.

Reviewed 25 October 2011

Overall, I love Cable Beach Club and have stayed there three times. The gardens are magnificent and well-kept, I love the tropical fragrances that waft throughout the place, and the location is the best of course since it's right on the beach (and it's near Zoo Cafe which I love). Front desk staff and porters are excellent and offer a five star service.

The spa is gorgeous and was a lovely experience (you need to book ahead), even though the masseuse was very young and perhaps inexperienced going by the softness/unconfidence of her massage technique (especially compared to the two Thai women at the Courthouse Markets doing massage, now they are the real deal).

The rooms are very pleasant but on the down side, the noise insulation is poor. We could clearly hear the tv next door and chairs scraping etc. All the pillows in our room were of a very poor standard - like synthetic, hard kind of cheap pillows. The toiletries are nice.

Although our neighbours told us they had chocolates and water brought to them in the turn down service (which wasn't turn down as such, just the consumables) every single night, we didn't once have it in five nights there. But the daily housekeeping was good. And there are filtered water dispensers at the washing machine/ice stations in each wing, which is excellent.

The adults pool is great and chilled out, with good staff who bring iced water and cold towels. It's very peaceful. The family pool looked fantastic with its water playground and mini golf and playground.

Now to the food...I am surprised to read reviews of people who loved the breakfast buffet. To me, it was very unsophisticated. It just didn't come together. But the ladies making eggs to order are friendly and do a great job. The continental foods are where it most needs improvement. Poor quality pastries, unappetising fruit and some processed looking ham and sliced cheese - no thanks! The bircher muesli was terrible. For a more sophisticated buffet, I like Quay West Bunker Bay Resort, or most Asian resorts. It felt to me like the staff didn't care very much about the food.

The food at Sunset Bar was also sub-standard (but a drink at sunset is fabulous and not to be missed, just go for dinner elsewhere if you have high standards for food). By far the worst thing, inedible, was their burger. The patty was what you'd buy from a carnival caravan stall or a bad roadhouse. It was inedible and it was impossible that such a processed and revolting patty was made in-house. How hard can it be to make their own patties? Gotta say, I was shocked at the low standards that would sell this at a five star hotel.

The other food from the Sunset Bar was very average. I would not eat there again.

There are so many great places to eat in Broome - we had a fantastic dinner at Matso's (curries were amazing, and the potato/chorizo salad was to die for. And the ginger beer!), also try Aarli Bar (their brownies are amazing), Noodlefish, RaRa's cafe for casual lunches, the kebab place in town is meant to be good, Zoo Cafe right next to the resort, and the Thai place in town next to the bookshop. These places care about food.

We rented a car from Topless Rentals which was really cheap and the people running it are so lovely and down to earth. They pick you up from your hotel and take you back when you return the car. We paid $75 per day including full insurance and no excess, it was substantially cheaper than other places. Garth at Topless was a real gentleman of Broome - rough around the edges but he went out of his way to help us and had a great manner.

One thing I wish we'd had time to do is the star watching trip, it's just a couple of hours with a star man who is meant to be fantastically knowledgeable and entertaining. He takes you a bit out of town to get a great view and points out the stars with a laser and wows everyone with a grander perspective of life. astrotours.net

Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for reviewing your stay and I have to agree, Chahoya Spa & Salon provide a remarkable experience. I have communicated your f&b concerns to the relevant Managers and look forward to welcoming you back to the resort for your next stay.

Reviewed 21 October 2011

We stayed for four nights at the Cable Beach Club Resort & Spa and wish we could have stayed longer. It was very relaxing and just what we needed after a very hectic few weeks at work. The resort itself is very well designed and certainly the nicest resort I've encountered in Australia. I especially liked the decor of the cabins, the daybed on our private balcony and the modern bathroom. For us the best feature of this resort by far is the adults only pool. What I loved about it was that it was a huge nicely designed space with an adjoining cafe and plenty of lounge chairs - ie, not simply an after thought next to the kiddy pool. On the contrary - it was quite a distance away from the family pool and so it was very peaceful and quiet. Other reviews have made note of the number of kids at the resort but to me having the adult pool meant that I was aware of children when walking around the resort and at meal times but they didn't detract from the relaxation I felt at this resort. The other thing I really liked about this resort was the friendly attitude of all of the staff members we encountered. Just walking around the grounds, everyone we came across would smile and say hello. Also, I think this property has the best location in Cable Beach being right on the beach. The airport transfers are also very well organised and convenient.

What let the resort down a bit for us was the food service in the evenings. Breakfast was included in our rate and was extensive and delicious. We also had a delicious lunch one day at the restaurant by the adult pool. We didn't have such a great experience with dinner however: the first night we tried the Sunset Bar and Grill and after waiting an hour for our food to appear my husband went to find out what was going on and it looks like they'd lost our order. This is the drawback of pub-style restaurants where you order at the bar - no waiter to keep track of whether you've eaten or not! Finally our food arrived: my fish and chips were delicious - really fresh - but my husband's ribs gave him an upset stomach. We complained to a staff member about the delay on the way out and they were really good about it, apologised profusely and promised us free drinks at the Thai restaurant which we were booked into the following night. Sure enough we had very attentive service the next night at the Thai restaurant including the free drinks, however once again there was a delay between the starter and main course arriving, and some of the food was a bit disappointing - we'd ordered stir-fried prawns with mango and coriander but the dish that was served was simply a prawn/random veggie stir fry. I could only identify two small pieces of mango in the whole dish. I guess we probably should have stuck to the classics - green chicken curry etc. The next night we went back to the Sunset Bar and Grill a second time for a pizza and were served promptly however the pizzas were very average and the bases seemed like the frozen kind. I really really liked this resort but they are letting themselves down with the evening food quality/service. (The best meal we had on this trip was at Matzo's Brewery in Broome).

The other small niggle was the Wi-fi in the rooms wasn't working when we were there. This meant we had to bring our laptop to the pool or cafes where the wifi hotspots were working. It would have been more convenient to be able to do our emails/onward bookings in the evenings in our room. Hopefully this will be sorted out soon.

On the whole though we really loved staying here and didn't want to leave. If we are ever in Broome again we will definitely stay at the Cable Beach Club Resort & Spa.

Room Tip: We got a good deal on a garden view studio and it was fine.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MrsBison

Thank you for demonstrating the very balanced approach we take to accommodating couples & families. We really strive to ensure both markets enjoy an unforgettable experience. I have taken onboard your comments regarding dining and am very pleased to hear that you would definitely return to Cable Beach Club.

Reviewed 21 October 2011

We are so glad we stayed at Cable Beach Club, it is the best location of all the hotels. A quick walk across the road is the most beautiful beach in the world. We mixed our time between the beach and the hotel pool, both are brilliant. We stayed in a "pearler" bungalow, and although the layout is a little strange it was lovely and suited our needs. It did get very hot inside, especially where the kids were sleeping, but air conditioning soon cooled it down.
Kids really enjoyed the water playground and the mini golf, we hardly saw them while we were at the pool as they would run off and entertain themselves. Staff at all the restaurants and around the pool are excellent. All restaurants are fantastic, although pricey - but all of Broome is pricey. Thai Pearle restaurant by the pool was delicious.
ACTIVITES: We did a sunset camel ride - recommended! An all day 4WD tour out to Windjara Gorge and Tunnel Creek - great fun. Sun Pictures outdoor movies - good fun. Hovercraft to see dinosaur footprints - great fun and educational for the kids. Astronomy tour - stars seen out from town lights are AMAZING! All in all - great holiday. Thanks to all at CBC.

Room Tip: Bungalows are great for families.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank becca70au
Reviewed 13 October 2011

If you are going to stay in Broome, this is the place to stay. To make things easy I will list some simple facts.

POSITIVES/SUGGESTIONS: Complimentary breakfast was great. The beach was absolutely beautiful. The grounds were well kept. I ate at the Thai, Club and Sunset restaurant and they were all good. The whole resort is a bungalow feel. It doesn't feel like a hotel at all. No hallways or high rises. There is an adult only pool. The room was nice and had a huge TV. The wall decorations were ugly but the rest made up for it! The outdoor space was nice and had a day bed. The staff was super nice. There is plenty to do if you're not the sit around all day and relax type. My boyfriend and I did a 2 hour bus tour of the town which was great as well as a half day sight seeing by plane, also amazing. Another suggestion is to see an outdoor movie at Sun Pictures. So fun!

CONS: There are kids everywhere. From the beach to the restaurants. I wouldn't honeymoon here. There is no beach bar, service or chairs. We rented 2 chairs and an umbrella from a guy on the beach. I would suggest this. $25 for 4 hours. For as expensive as the rooms are it's a shame their aren't bath tubs. The hotel and the town itself is expensive, but its what to expect when in Broome.

Bottom line: If you are going to go to Broome I would highly suggest this hotel for sure. If you are looking for a romantic honeymoon that consists of booze on the beach and no children, I wouldn't.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank colleenjoy830
CBCR2008, General Manager at Cable Beach Club Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2011

Thanks for taking the time to write such a succinct, detailed review. It sounds like you had a great holiday and I hope we see you back in Broome soon.