All reviews town beach spa bath across the road small supermarket direct access to the pool one bedroom apartment cable beach pool view bottle shop close to town staying nights business trip larger pool king size bed reception staff are great place to stay ground floor
Reviewed 22 July 2017

I've stayed in 4 different rooms here over the past few months, I was passing through on business. The hotel is not very old and the rooms are ok, not luxurious but ok for short stays. I only stay here because this is where the company I work for pay for me to stay, I wouldn't pay to stay here.
I stayed in one room here on the ground floor and one of the "highly trained in hospitality"(NOT!) hotel staff thought it would be a good idea to be pushing some sort of laundry trolley or whatever up and down the concrete path outside at like 5am ish !!! in the morning, and an hour or two later!, it made a racket, seriously.
The food is average, the breakfast here is sort of sad ;(, had breakfast with a colleague there earlier a few days ago and was unlucky enough to find a "hair" in my scrambled eggs and my workmate found piece of steel swarf in his food, told the Filipino waitress and she just smiled like we were complimenting her...haaha!!,
Being a modern hotel etc I'm sure the modern kitchen out the back can do much better than what is served up out the front. Or it maybe be a case of getting what you pay for, as in staff. The evening main meals in the restaurant don't do the hotel much justice either.
Cafe 18degs across the road and around the corner is a better place to eat.
Great poolside bar set up but no real atmosphere ,......no music. Hot barmaids would help. Staff were ok, definitely travellers most of them and they were all friendly.
In conclusion this place is not operating to its full potential, its a good setup and I think it needs management with (more) vision.

Room Tip: Request a high floor room if you want a quieter room. 18deg's Cafe across the road and around corner do a better breakfast than here.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Skandiriga
HMOaksBroome, General Manager at Oaks Broome, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Thank you for your review on your recent stays at Oaks Broome.
Our common area cleaners do start at 5am, to ensure that public facilities and walkways are cleaned and tidy prior to guests being up and about. I apologies for the noise, and your feedback on the trolley has been taken on board.
I am very disappointed to read of your issues with breakfast – this is unacceptable and has been addressed with the kitchen. I truly apologies for this. As for the staff ‘getting what you paid for’ I can assure you that our staff are not just here for a short term, or passing through. The staff member you referred to is here on a placement from a hospitality school on the East Coast and here to further her skills and experience. As for her response to you mentioning these breakfast issues, I do believe that it might have been a lack of confidence in the ability to address this, rather than her not understanding. I appreciate you brining this to our attention and we will ensure this is discussed with her.
In regards to your comments on no atmosphere in our bar, I do accept that this is something that we can sometimes lack, and are working on. We have created a lounge area with some new comfortable couches and cushions, offer regular drink and cocktail specials as well as bar snacks, and play music that is appropriate for our bar/ restaurant and our guests. I believe that a big part of creating atmosphere lies with the kind of guests that are in-house on that particular day – guests who are wanting to enjoy the company of those around, interact with the staff on shift and appreciate that they come from all corners of the globe and have wonderful stories to tell. I am sorry that my vision to create a friendly and comfortable atmosphere for the wide range of professional staff and mix of corporate and leisure guests, all with different backgrounds is not quite what you were after – however with your suggestion to employ staff based on their looks rather than their ability, I am not sure if this is quite the kind of venue you are after.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Staying 3 nights with friends in a duel key apartment with direct access to pool. Rooms well appointed, quiet & spacious bedroom areas with jacuzzi, washing machine & drier in main apartment area. TV's in both bedrooms & a larger tv in lounge adjacent to kitchen, which has full sized fridge & single drawer dishwasher. There is a restaurant onsite (a little expensive), but we are in Broome, selection is adequate to suit most diners. The resort is within an easy walk to town, and I would happily recommend this accommodation to all visitors.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 229bevs
HMOaksBroome, General Manager at Oaks Broome, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Oaks Broome. It is so lovely to read that you found our rooms well appointed, quiet and spacious, equipped with all you need to have a little home away from home. Our hotel has a wonderful location in Roebuck bay, close to some small shops and around a 20 minute walk into town.
It really is such a pleasure to read your recommendation. Thank you again for the wonderful feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you once more in Oaks Broome in the future.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

I had a room booked as a day room after working night shift whilst waiting for a mid afternoon flight. I checked in at 0700 and was told that check out was 10am. If I wanted day use it was $50 ph on top of the several hundred that was already paid.

I was given my room key with the room number and no direction on how to find my room. I had to ask for directions from reception

I then asked to put my bags into the storage room and was given the key and told to do it my self.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Darren S
HMOaksBroome, General Manager at Oaks Broome, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Thank you for your feedback on your recent time at Oaks Broome.
We do not have a rate for day use - accommodation is booked per night, with check in time being from 2pm and check out by 10am. Late check out can be organised and there will be additional charges. Would you mind emailing me directly to advise how this booking was made, and if you were told anything different at the time of reservation? I would also like to know the date in which you were here, so I can talk to my staff. Room information and a highlighted map to rooms are provided for every guest upon check in, so I am very curious as to who did not follow this procedure.
I am disappointed to read that you did not receive the normal outstanding level of service provided by staff, and as mentioned, would very much appreciate more information directly so I can follow this up further. My email address is HMBroome@theoaksgroup.com.au. Thank you,

Reviewed 13 July 2017

My fiancee and I stayed at Oaks Broome in the middle of school holiday peak season.

Room: 4/5
We stayed in a suite with a balcony view over Robinson street. Don't be fooled - no room at Oaks will give you a decent view of the ocean. I recommend going for a room with a view of the pool. The bathroom had an incredible spa, but the shower didn't have a door, which meant the floor of our bathroom was always soaking wet. There were also a number of switches in the room which didn't do anything (~5), which was funny given that there was also no switch to turn on the bathroom fan. Our suite also contained a fully stocked kitchen, which was really helpful.

Restaurant:
We went down to the restaurant intending to get dinner and a drink, but after seeing the food other people had, and how expensive everything was on the menu, we walked away. The best way to summarise our impression of the restaurant was that it serves really basic RSL food (steak and chips, fish and chips, pizza), but charges as if it was a 5 star restaurant ($40 steak etc).

We had breakfast at the buffet as well, and that was a similar experience to our dinner impressions - we got really basic buffet food (scrambled eggs, toast, bacon, some store-bought pastries, only two kinds of fruit in the fruit bar, filter coffee), and were charged 5-star rates ($25 for the most disappointing breakfast buffer I've ever had).

Service: 2/5
At no point in our booking process were we ever given a check in time, so we arrived at 11am asking to check in and they said to come back in 1.5 hrs. We came back at 1230 and were told to come back in an hour. We then came back again at 130 and were told our room still wasn't ready. We don't mind that we ended up getting to our room at 2pm, but it was disappointing to be bounced around like that, with no apology. Our overall impression of the reception staff was that they really couldn't care less, and that they don't want to be there.

Pool: 3/5
The two pool areas are absolutely beautiful, and have ample seating around the deck. There's just one big problem - they're not heated. The pool was so cold that in the 2 peak season nights we spent there I only saw one person get in. If you do plan on braving the pool, note that the hotel does not provide pool towels, so you'll need to BYO.

Location:
Close to Town Beach, 100m away from a bottle shop and general store. The only restaurant nearby is 18 degrees, which we didn't enjoy, so going to other restaurants near China town is a 20-25 minute walk each way.

Room Tip: Choose a room that faces the pool - the hotel has no good external views.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WilA93

Thank you for your review on your recent stay at Oaks Broome.
It is lovely to read that you found our hotel’s location practical, close to town and shops.
I am however, very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the location of your room. Whilst we are located at Roebuck Bay, our rooms do not all have uninterrupted bay views, and therefore also do not advertise this. We do have rooms with pool views, and should this be requested, we will do our best to accommodate this request.
All of our rooms are equipped with pool towels, which are located in the wardrobe. At any time during the day, more towels can be collected at our front office.

I am also disappointed to read that you did not find our restaurant worth a visit. We offer a wide range of dishes to be able to cater to a mixed group of clientele and our prices are comparative to similar restaurants within Broome. I am sorry that the meals did not catch your eye.

I am surprised to see that you found our front office staff to be uninterested and their service disappointing. We usually receive very good feedback on our staff and the level of services they provide. I would like to receive more information about who assisted you in the hours before check-in.

We really appreciate the provided feedback and will look into it further. Would you mind sending me an email on hmbroome@theoaksgroup.com.au with your room information? I would like to have our Maintenance staff to do a full check on the room in regards to the switches and bathroom exhaust that did not work.

Again, we appreciate you taking the time to provided your feedback and we do hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 July 2017

We had an apartment at the Oaks in Broome for 2 nights. It is well situated at Town Beach, about a 15 minute walk to the centre of Broome and away from the hype of Cable Beach. The apartment was spacious, clean and comfortable, with a large desk, and a laundry. We enjoyed the stay and would stay there again but management needs a bit more attention to detail to make it excellent. Carpet frayed and lifting near bathroom, stained tiles in bathroom, single doona for King size bed etc (most of this easily fixed).

Room Tip: Best to have a hire car unless you are good walkers.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Giacomo W
HMOaksBroome, General Manager at Oaks Broome, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Thank you for your review on your recent stay at Oaks Broome.
It is lovely to read that you enjoyed our location at Town Beach and found the apartment to be spacious, clean and comfortable.
It is however disappointing to read that your room did lack a few minor details in the room. Can you please email me directly as to which room you were in, I need to address the carpet issue immediately. I have spoken to my housekeeping department, and have ensure that all rooms have the correct size linen and that bathrooms do have a further tile scrub to ensure everything is to standard.
Again, I really appreciate your feedback - I would really appreciate you emailing me(HMBroome@theoaksgroup.com.au) so I can ensure everything is as it should be. We look forward to welcoming you back to Oaks Broome in the near future.