“Amazing”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 24 July 2019 via mobile

Very impressive high quality food and drink served in this place. Staff is very attentive and prepared to give you the right advice. I had spaghettini alle cicale di mare and was fantastic. A couple of glass of Italian Prosecco and I was over the moon

2  Thank Crazyforfood11

Reviewed 15 July 2019

After a poor experience at another restaurant I came here and fortunately was able to get a table. The restaurant is a cosy atmospheric place. The food is excellent with lovely subtle combinations of flavours and the service likewise first rate. Lucky for me the first place didn't work out!

2  Thank SAFireBear
Reviewed 12 July 2019

Every few years we manage to get to Melbourne and always make arrangements to go and eat at il Bacaro. This year we had a little one with us in Melbourne so we organised for her to be looked after and headed out to our favourite restaurant. Nothing had changed and that was exactly what we wanted. The carpaccio was incredible, spaghettini amazing, so was the lamb back strap and the deserts were on another level!! It is very rare these days that my wife and I get to spend this sort of time together but gong to Il Bacaro was definitely the best choice - thank you to our waiter for making it a wonderful night! Il Bacaro will remain our favourite restaurant in the world.

Reviewed 17 June 2019

I really can't relate to the previous reviews, I loved everything about this restaurant! Yes, it is expensive, but worth every cent and I for one, don't have a problem paying for quality food and service. The staff is knowledgeable, genuine and caring and the food is impeccable. The kingfish and tuna entree was delicate yet delicious, and the duck as a main was the best I've ever had. Finished dinner with the cheesecake, which is literally out of this world. Attention to detail, quality and passion are reflected in every aspect of Il Bacaro. I'll treasure this experience for a long time.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed 9 June 2019 via mobile

Was so looking forward to returning for a special farewell dinner for our son who is moving overseas. BLAND is the word to describe the food, the service and the whole grossly overpriced experience. The Moreton Bay bug pasta I was so looking forward to comprised of 4 tiny pieces of bug. Shameful. Will never be back to this anachronistic place.

Date of visit: June 2019