“A Slice of Italy”
Review of Da Guido La Pasta

Da Guido La Pasta
Ranked #3 of 8,210 Restaurants in Melbourne
Neighbourhood: Lygon Street
Description: Our menu was drawn up with special focus on homemade pasta, which we prepare every day using fresh natural ingredients. We use prime quality ingredients imported from Italy as well as select Australian products. To ensure genuine Venetian taste and style the dishes are exclusively prepared by Italian chefs trained in our restaurant in Italy.
Reviewed 7 September 2019

Oh thank goodness, an Italian restaurant that makes a pizza the Italian way instead of the American way! In fact, I can't find fault with the authenticity of the place - when I ordered a hot chocolate to finish, I was asked if I wanted it Italian style or Australian style. Italian, of course!
I had a great dinner here and found the staff friendly and attentive, without being pushy. I probably ate an extra course because the ambience was so good, so they did well. I am a vegetarian so I was pleased with the choices available to me.
I seek out a good Italian restaurant wherever I visit, but this would be my top choice from my time in Australia.

Date of visit: July 2019
1  Thank David H

Reviewed 6 September 2019

Great restaurant in Carlton, menu has a wide range of options that you find hard to only choose 1!
Great experience and will def be back!

Date of visit: September 2019
2  Thank oliviamoore_xx
Reviewed 4 September 2019 via mobile

This is a good choice for a high quality meal in Carlton
Good service, good wine selection and an innovative modern Italian cuisine

Date of visit: November 2018
2  Thank Ian W
Reviewed 2 September 2019 via mobile

Fantastic Italian on Lygon street,we had starters,mains,desserts,wine and beer.Everything was great,thank you Da guido for a great meal and experience.

Date of visit: September 2019
2  Thank surfsam07
Reviewed 31 August 2019 via mobile

On a beautiful Melbourne Winter's day, the menu had a wide range of delicious comfort foods designed to warm and excite our taste buds. All the pasta is handmade and the serves generous. The wait staff were amusing and quick witted. Options of both inside and outdoor, intimate balcony seating or curb side tables, the choice is yours. Bookings can be done online and the service was very attentive with complimentary bread and sorbet served. Well worth the visit!!

Date of visit: August 2019