“Incredibly friendly, highly professional, immensely tasty”
Review of Cucinetta

Cucinetta
Ranked #14 of 5,068 Restaurants in Melbourne
Neighbourhood: Chapel Street
Neighbourhood: Chapel Street
Reviewed 30 December 2020 via mobile

Our hosts Alisa & Manuela provided a table at this small and busy restaurant despite no booking - and it just got better from there: the menu catered for all tastes (carnivore and vegan), with a beautifully cooked blend of Italian flavours and a good wine selection. The hospitality and attention to patrons was spontaneous and authentic. Thank you for a lovely evening.

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank Jonathan B
Write a reviewReviews (392)

Reviewed 22 December 2020 via mobile

This restaurant is a gem. It small but comfortable with a delicious selection of ‘home style’ Italian meals. There’s nothing commercial here, the ingredients are market fresh, the recipes generational and the presentation eye catching.
The wait staff are terrific, providing a personal understanding of each dish and giving a detailed presentation of all on offer that day.
The menu changes daily, so what you loved today may not be there tomorrow.
There is also a comprehensive range of Italian wines on offer

Date of visit: December 2020
2  Thank defa45
Reviewed 6 November 2020

This quaint little restaurant sits off a quiet street from the main Toorak Road - an inner city suburb. We have been to this restaurant countless times, although I admit, it's tough to get a booking. But that is part of its charm - when I first visited years ago there were less than a handful of tables that fitted in the restaurant. One waitress. A small kitchen. Which all lead to an attentive and intimate dining experience. The ambience sings 'back street old-town Italian-family-run restaurant, somewhere deep in tuscany'.
The wine: such a treat to experience some true Italian varieties from Italy itself, along with other European and local Australian wines. The waitress has always given us an excellent recommendation from both our particular tastes and also food choice, whilst we peruse the menu over a glass of French Champagne.
The food: I am a lover of pasta. And good god do they deliver. They always have a variety on their small hand written menu, along with a meat and fish choice (which to be honest, I never get to because the pasta is so good).
The staff go out their way to to make you have the best time. The chefs excel behind the scenes - we'd love to meet them!
Thank you Cucinetta for all the wonderful evenings!

Date of visit: November 2020
1  Thank 830veritym
Reviewed 26 October 2020

We wanted to visit this restaurant for my husband's birthday, but Melbourne was still in lockdown, so we ordered delivery instead. Our meals were absolutely sensational. I ordered the lobster fettuccine for my husband and ricotta truffle ravioli for me. Both delicious. Thank you Cucinetta for helping to make this a really special evening for us.

Date of visit: October 2020
2  Thank ShlomGit
Reviewed 11 June 2020 via mobile

I had a cup of coffee for take away once, two nights later I passed by for the same and asked for the same order but they said they don’t provide coffee for takeaway!

I think that is not professional, one of basics for any cafe or a restaurant is to have a clear policy.

Date of visit: June 2020