“Authentic Italian - the best in Melbourne”
Review of Cucinetta

Cucinetta
Ranked #14 of 5,093 Restaurants in Melbourne
Neighbourhood: Chapel Street
Neighbourhood: Chapel Street
Reviewed 6 November 2020

This quaint little restaurant sits off a quiet street from the main Toorak Road - an inner city suburb. We have been to this restaurant countless times, although I admit, it's tough to get a booking. But that is part of its charm - when I first visited years ago there were less than a handful of tables that fitted in the restaurant. One waitress. A small kitchen. Which all lead to an attentive and intimate dining experience. The ambience sings 'back street old-town Italian-family-run restaurant, somewhere deep in tuscany'.
The wine: such a treat to experience some true Italian varieties from Italy itself, along with other European and local Australian wines. The waitress has always given us an excellent recommendation from both our particular tastes and also food choice, whilst we peruse the menu over a glass of French Champagne.
The food: I am a lover of pasta. And good god do they deliver. They always have a variety on their small hand written menu, along with a meat and fish choice (which to be honest, I never get to because the pasta is so good).
The staff go out their way to to make you have the best time. The chefs excel behind the scenes - we'd love to meet them!
Thank you Cucinetta for all the wonderful evenings!

Date of visit: November 2020
1  Thank 830veritym
Write a reviewReviews (393)

Reviewed 26 October 2020

We wanted to visit this restaurant for my husband's birthday, but Melbourne was still in lockdown, so we ordered delivery instead. Our meals were absolutely sensational. I ordered the lobster fettuccine for my husband and ricotta truffle ravioli for me. Both delicious. Thank you Cucinetta for helping to make this a really special evening for us.

Date of visit: October 2020
2  Thank ShlomGit
Reviewed 11 June 2020 via mobile

I had a cup of coffee for take away once, two nights later I passed by for the same and asked for the same order but they said they don’t provide coffee for takeaway!

I think that is not professional, one of basics for any cafe or a restaurant is to have a clear policy.

Date of visit: June 2020
1  Thank Sultan6334
Reviewed 9 March 2020

We bought to take away pasta dishes, salad and carpaccio - they were all delicious but in particular the home made pasta. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: March 2020
1  Thank Ana_London_79
Reviewed 1 March 2020

We have been to this intimate restaurant on many occasions but our most recent Saturday night meal was the best so far. If you are crazy about Italy, this is just the spot for you. The staff are delightful and greet regulars like family but they are professional when describing each dish. My marinara was perfect if not a little big for me, but there were plenty of takers of my leftovers. The pasta was cooked al dente and it was the right temperature, hot but not too hot. The others cleaned their plates of all food so I'm guessing theirs was just as delicious as mine.

The ambiance is, well, very Italian - close, buzzing but not too noisy. Clean white table cloths which are wiped after the main course. Oh and our desserts were out of this world - canneloni and tiramasu. And I was full before they bought out dessert but it was irresistible.

Date of visit: February 2020