“Great Food - Great Location”
Review of tutto bene

tutto bene
Ranked #330 of 4,245 Restaurants in Melbourne
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southbank
Reviewed 16 October 2011

The four of us - two Melbournians and two visitors - wanted really good Italian for dinner. The locals did not hesitate in suggesting Tutto Bene. Although the Southgate Center had some dusty construction going on, we found the restaurant to be clean and nicely appointed with a good view of the river. One in our party is gluten-free, and the waitress explained the choices - and offered assurances, so that he could choose. I had risotto with gorgonzola and pear - nearly as good as one I ate in Rome. My husband's Osso Buco was excellent. I tried a bite and it had a rich hearty flavor. Salads were good; and the wine selections were quite nice. Service was very good, and relaxed without hovering.

Reviewed 6 October 2011

Our second visit since last year. Continues to produce the best risotto that we have had in Australia. Wine selection great and service could not be faulted.

Reviewed 20 August 2011

The title of the review really summarizes our experience. You may get a nice river view depending upon where your table is, but that's about all that we could say from our experience. We ordered several appetizers, including calamari. The appetizers were way overpriced for the tiny amounts of food that appeared. Likewise the entrees, although passable, were nothing spectacular. You will do much better elsewhere.

Reviewed 12 August 2011

My wife and I where looking for an Italian restaurant to have a nice meal on our last night in Melbourne.It was a Monday night and around 8.00pm not to many were open. Tutto Benne was and we were glad. A little expensive but the food was to die for. I had the Twisted hand made pasta with wild boar, red wine and vegetable ragu for ENTREE 18.50 . The hand made pasta was magnific. My wife had the Calamari fritti - Fried calamari on wild rocket with pickled vegetable mayonnaise 19.00. She is a big calamari fan and said it was the best ever. our mains were just as impressive.
Even though it was late the staff were still smiling and polite .
Great view of the river just to top of a very romantic night

Reviewed 1 July 2011

Tutto Benne should be ashamed to put out such bland, overpriced food. I am visiting from Perth and what a disappointment that I spent one of my evenings dining here. Do not order the crab and chili risotto. It tasted like the sauce came out of a tin, and there was no heat. The tomatoes in the Caprice salad were not ripe and was soooo bland. Really bad meal, and service was not great either. Please trust me and never go to this place if you want to save your money and eat better.