“Best fajitas”

Price range: USD 7 - USD 17
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: Taco Bill Mexican Restaurants is Australia's leading Mexican group, predominately in Victoria. With 35 locally owned and operated restaurants, the group provides Australia with daily fresh ingredients and an authentic Mexican culinary experience.
Reviewed 28 December 2015 via mobile

Really great Mexican food, very tasty. Cheap margaritas. Great for a cheap & cheerful dinner & drinks. Has a bit of a party feel, lots of young people.

TacoBillMexican, Public Relations Manager at Taco Bill Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2015

Thanks HappyFeetWorldwide for the great feedback! Glad to hear you enjoyed your fajitas, and that the margaritas were flowing! We look forward to you getting your Mexican on again soon! Gracias.

Reviewed 19 December 2015 via mobile

I've only just realised from the search results that this must be a small chain or franchise. I had a tasty meal (chilli con carne) with prompt and attentive (but not pestering) service. One I'll be back to on future visits to Melbourne.

TacoBillMexican, Public Relations Manager at Taco Bill Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2015

Hola ConradHC, it’s great to hear from you, and thank you for your support! Glad to hear we will see you again soon, and that you enjoyed your meal. Gracias!

Reviewed 16 December 2015

I have been going to this place in my travels to Melbourne for years. Not too sure how much the menu has changed in that time, but being a bit of a creature of habit I am good with that. I usually go with the La Combinacion and it's a great feed with a bit of everything in it including taco, enchilada, taquito, rice and frijoles. For what you get these guys charge very reasonable prices and the food is delicious, which I suspect is why the place has never been anywhere near empty on any of the times that we have eaten there. What is also good are the frozen Margarita's! You can have a regular glass, or a fish-bowl sized glass which is what I usually opt for. With dedication you get used to the brain freezes, believe me! The only problem is that I rarely have room for dessert, and there are lots of good things on that side of the menu as well. I have ordered the Flan De Queso in the past and I love this dish.

The atmosphere is casual and it is a family-friendly restaurant, although with its tight confines prams/pushers in the restaurant do pose a challenge to get around. The background music is not over-bearing so you do not need to yell to have a conversation which is not the case in all restaurants!

The only area for improvement would be a little more attention from the serving team to see if everything is OK or whether we needed more drinks, etc.

You can't go too far wrong be eating at Taco Bill.

TacoBillMexican, Public Relations Manager at Taco Bill Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2015

Hola SGH1969, it’s great to hear from you, and thank you for your review! It's really good to hear that you enjoy our fishbowls, and that our dessert menu has a great variety! We look forward to seeing you again soon for another mexcellent night out! Gracias.

Reviewed 30 November 2015 via mobile

Im not a massive Mexican food fan but i enjoyed my dinner at this resturant in Melbourn city. I'm from Sydney and I'm not sure if there are any Taco Bills in sydney, but if there are I will definitely go for lunch or dinner. There are however other mexican resturants but not as good as this one!
Friendly staff and good service in this resturant.

TacoBillMexican, Public Relations Manager at Taco Bill Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2015

Hola arsh06, it’s great to hear from you, and thank you for your review. We are really glad you like our food and that you had such a great time dining with us! Unfortunately there are no Taco Bill restaurants in Sydney at the moment, so you will just have to make more frequent trips to Melbourne! :) We look forward to seeing you again soon. Gracias!

Reviewed 21 November 2015 via mobile

Not quite cheap and cheerful at $60 each but that did include drinks and souvenir glass. Food was excellent. Not overly authentic but very tasty. Loads of choice in the area but the place was full so must be a good sign

TacoBillMexican, Public Relations Manager at Taco Bill Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2015

Hola KAF0460, it’s great to hear from you, and thank you for your review! We are so glad you enjoyed dining with us, and we hope to see you again soon for another 'mexcellent' night out! Gracias.