“Great Service and Delicious Food”
Review of Grossi Florentino

Grossi Florentino
Ranked #186 of 5,203 Restaurants in Melbourne
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Description: Grossi Florentino Upstairs
Reviewed 12 December 2018

We dined in The Grill for our annual lunch and couldn't fault this iconic Melbourne institution. The service was 5 star and the menu presented a vast selection of food. It was very noisy which cannot be helped when a dining room is full. All dishes were beautifully presented. The wines are rather over priced and I feel $5 for a coffee at the end of a meal is a bit steep. $48 for mains is also up there particularly when you add $12 each for two side dishes

Date of visit: December 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,133)

Reviewed 7 December 2018 via mobile

My wife and I caught up for lunch at Florentino Cellar Bar.
We used to go there during our courtship so that says how long we have been going there. Over twenty years!
My wife had the calamari and I had the vegetarian parmigiana.
Both dishes, as usual, were very good particularly when washed down with a good Chianti and a Pinot Grigio.
Florentino never disappoints. That is why it is one of Melbourne’s institutions

Reviewed 5 December 2018 via mobile

The food at Grossi's is very good, no doubt. The surroundings are beautiful and it certainly has the look and feel of Italy. I felt the pricing, especially for wines by the glass which averaged at more than $30 was very high but mostly imported so fair enough. Another issue was we didn't know who our server was having as many a six different people attending and more than once asking the same question. Overall we ate well but an expensive meal.

Reviewed 2 December 2018

From the minestrone soup to the main, top notch food and service.
Great wine list. Very authentic Italian cafe.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 30 November 2018

It's late in Melbourne and my sister and I are starving after having such an eventful night... she begins to google restaurants that are open... this one is. We call them and they give us directions to get there and they meet us at the door.

It's dimly lit... mood lighting I would say... and it's very pleasant. We are shown to a table and our drinks order is taken... After our drinks are served, the gentleman takes our order. We order and are supplied with olive oil and breads while we wait. The food comes out and it smells divine.

I did try my sisters gnocchi which was really good, but I enjoyed mine so much more. Every mouthful was succulent, tasty morsels of goodness. This was the perfect meal.

Outstanding service, good value, delicious meals.

Date of visit: November 2018