“Special Occasion ”
Review of Grossi Florentino

Grossi Florentino
Ranked #186 of 5,203 Restaurants in Melbourne
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Description: Grossi Florentino Upstairs
Reviewed 5 December 2018 via mobile

The food at Grossi's is very good, no doubt. The surroundings are beautiful and it certainly has the look and feel of Italy. I felt the pricing, especially for wines by the glass which averaged at more than $30 was very high but mostly imported so fair enough. Another issue was we didn't know who our server was having as many a six different people attending and more than once asking the same question. Overall we ate well but an expensive meal.

Date of visit: December 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,133)

Reviewed 2 December 2018

From the minestrone soup to the main, top notch food and service.
Great wine list. Very authentic Italian cafe.

Reviewed 30 November 2018

It's late in Melbourne and my sister and I are starving after having such an eventful night... she begins to google restaurants that are open... this one is. We call them and they give us directions to get there and they meet us at the door.

It's dimly lit... mood lighting I would say... and it's very pleasant. We are shown to a table and our drinks order is taken... After our drinks are served, the gentleman takes our order. We order and are supplied with olive oil and breads while we wait. The food comes out and it smells divine.

I did try my sisters gnocchi which was really good, but I enjoyed mine so much more. Every mouthful was succulent, tasty morsels of goodness. This was the perfect meal.

Outstanding service, good value, delicious meals.

1  Thank Crystalline4u
Reviewed 27 November 2018 via mobile

As tempting as a wood-fired steak was, I went for the wild boar papparedelle - and was not disappointed. Partner had a wagyu steak tho - was also very happy with the choice.

Reviewed 26 November 2018

We ate here as the venue we went to Melbourne for was less than average. We are glad we went here. Great staff, GREAT food, and worth every cent.