“Lived up to its number one rating ”
Review of Scopri

Scopri
Ranked #1 of 4,296 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Fitzroy
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Food and service were wonderful, we had the main meal and desert and really enjoyed the whole Experience. We are definitively coming back and would recommend this as a must for people who enjoy quality food, importantly the atmosphere is also very lay back and not pretentious

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Last night,a group of 8 of us had dinner at Scopri.The food was first rate and service very attentive.I had the entree calamari which was well cooked and tender.That followed was a 400g rib eye which was eye wateringly tasty.A big bonus is the fact that Scopri is BYO which allows you to bring great wine from your own cellar.Everyone at the table was very complimentary of the food and service.

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Came in late for dinner on a friday evening they still found Some place 20 mins to wait. Certainly worth it. Watch menu for Information and go for daily specials. Risotto with Local half White half Black truffel is fantastic!

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Scopri is a must try humble and delicious Italian restaurant nestled on Nicholson St. From the moment you step in, you already feel welcomed and the mixed aromas of food and coffee combined with the beautiful atmosphere is exactly what the restaurant should be about - relaxing, noisy enough to create the atmosphere, but quiet enough to make it more intimate.
Their service is absolutely fantastic. Patrich was super attentive and his passion for food and wine came clearly in his recommendations which were spot on. For entree we had two types of oysters (Sydney Rock oysters and Coffin Bay oysters which were just delicious), truffled risotto (black and white truffle) was a winner dish for me even though my fork crossed over to my husband's plate several times to try his Agnolotti del plin (agnolotti filled with roasted rabbit, pork and veal) and you cannot not have insalata caprese. The produce is superb as a lot of it comes from Scopri farm.
They have a good list of Italian wines and I would highly recommend that you ask the staff for their recommendations if unsure what to have. Their knowledge and passion guarantee to provide you with the memorable drop.
Please note that if you look for a pizza joint, this place is not the one. However, if you want to venture into scrumptious list of other Italian delicacies then I cannot recommend it enough.

1  Thank Sansel78
Reviewed 16 September 2017

From the moment I entered Scopri, I was treated as an honoured guest. It was a weeknight but busy nonetheless and the staff referred to me by name which was lovely as I was dining alone. The olive oil and the restaurant made sourdough (using an 8 year old culture!) was outstanding. The kingfish carpaccio, the duck ragout with hand made fettucine and the gorgeous young Italian waiter who referred to me as La Bella Signora! Ha! What more could I want? Well, as it turns out, the Scopri dessert! That's what. A tower of chocolate housing liquid salted caramel and mousse ... with a crispy shell. HEAVEN. I honestly wished I had a friend to enjoy it with. Maybe next time. This is like Melbourne in the 90's but with today's innovation. Style, substance and class. I loved it!