“fabulous location”

Ranked #92 of 158 Hotels in Melbourne
Cairns
“fabulous location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

Stayed in a studio appartment on the 21st floor...........wow what a view!!! Close enough to walk to the casino / Southbank and close enough to walk to the city. The free city circle tram stops at the end of the road. Room very clean with large windows to enjoy the breathtaking view.We found the bed to be very firm took us a few nights to get used to it. Staff very friendly and helpful especially Lulu. Thank you Oaks will recommend this hotel to anyone going to Melbourne. Can't wait to go back. The only small negative was the pool being in an awkward place..........too many stairs to get to it.The reason I gave the spa a poor rating was purely because it was cold. Because the pool was heated we were expecting a hot spa. And the Stairs into the lobby, needs a ramp for luggage. Thanks again, very good value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Yarra River.........amazing!!!!!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Criss01
OaksHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Oaks on Market, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience at Oaks on Market.

It is wonderful to hear that we were able to play a part in making your holiday a memorable and enjoyable one and I shall pass your feedback on to the staff, specifically Lulu.

Please do stay again next time you are in the area – we look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

I recently stayed at Oaks on Market St and enjoyed the experience. My studio room was quite large, the room was clean, it was serviced daily, and it had good "vibes". The only fault I could find with it was the shower head. It made the water come out more like a mist than a strong spray. The buffet breakfast was also good value.

I am quick to savage a bad hotel, but I would recommend staying at Oaks on Market St.

Room Tip: The studio rooms are quite large.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent stay at Oaks on Market Street.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Camperdown, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

I arrived early Sunday and was able to check in straight away, which was great. BUT, upon check in the receptionist proceeded to inform me that I will be charged $150.00 off my visa card to cover any incidentals I may occur. I had no intention of using their facilities and because they took that out of my bank account almost immediately, I pretty much didn't have any spending money at all. My stay pretty much sucked thanks Oaks. They shouldn't be allowed to do that. Oaks is the first hotel that I have stayed at where they have physically taken money out of your account. Like a bank. So on check out on Tuesday I asked them when should I expect my $150.00 back and he said in 2 or 3 days, but they can fax the bank to fasttrack which he said he will do. What I load of crap. I am still waiting for my money. I will not be using the Oaks franchise again and please check with the hotel to find out their policy on card charges before committing! I have learnt my lesson the hard way!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at Oaks on Market Street.

We apologise for the confusion in regards to the bond for your room. A security bond is required from all guests on arrival at each of our properties. This is processed as a credit card pre-authorisation in which case the bank places a hold on your funds. Depending on the card issuer this will automatically release within 10 working days. Every attempt is made to ensure this information is explained by our reservations team and further information can be found on our reservation confirmation letters and guest registration cards. We apologise if this was not communicated to you correctly. This will be addressed with all team members.
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

Pros:
Close to tram
In a good location
modern
helpful staff

Cons:
Pool is in an annoying place, takes too long to get to basement
left waiting since staff lock pool lift so they can use it
had to wait 2 hours for our room to be cleaned
gave us tissues instead of toilet paper??? uhmm wth
view of buildings
two bedroom was quite suishy

Room Tip: High the better :)
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Amy C
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

I picked this for the location near a workshop I was running.

Roadworks outside and steps into the building with luggage made access difficult.

No real strong points or weaknesses, Could have been any mid range hotel in any city.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
OaksHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Oaks on Market, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent stay at Oaks on Market.