All reviews tram stop free tram zone melbourne central station served its purpose state library victoria market twin room street mall per night minute walk cbd area staff at reception reception area would definitely stay here again late checkout easy access comfy bed
Reviewed 25 April 2017

Arrow on Swanston is conveniently next to a tram stop and minutes walk from the free tram zone. Melbourne Central is roughly 20 minutes walk from the hotel and the markets are nearby. The staff were very helpful not only with room requests but also with how to best get to the airport. They also held our bags before checking in, and after checking out. The room was relatively quiet for where the building is located (on a higher floor) and had all the facilities needed for a longer stay (such as a kitchenette). While the room was rather small, It was well suited to a pair, with separate rooms. My stay at Arrow on Swanston was very comfortable and convenient and I would definitely look at staying here again

Room tip: Request a room not facing the street, away from the lifts and on a higher floor.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Arrow M, Marketing E at Arrow On Swanston, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2017

Dear Yippie28,

Thank you for your value feedback. We are happy to hear that you had a good time staying at Arrow on Swanston.

We wish to have a chance to accommodate you once again in the soon future.

Reviewed 22 April 2017

We stayed here in March over the Grand prix week end so most of the accommodation was expensive but this was coming up quit cheap for a city centre, the hotel is on the city tram network with a stop just out side which takes you right into the centre within 5 mins or you can walk which only took 20 mins.
The hotel room had every thing you needed with a small kitchenette ideal for making breakfast tea coffee etc, there was a small cafe at the base of the hotel but i never used it but from what i saw it looked ok.
We arrived early so our room was not ready but the helpful staff locked our cases away so we were able to start looking around the city.
The only down side to this hotel is that it is on the main drag some times it got a bit noisy out side with traffic we had a room at the front, but people we were travelling with had one at the back and had no issues with noise. But we would use again.

Room tip: Ask for a room at the back due to the road.
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

This place is ridiculously expensive especially for what it offers. It's dirty, smelly, small, loud, unmaintained, heck the list won't stop. There are much better alternatives dont ever stay here. One of the staff is extremely rude as well, I had a problem with her it truly is a nightmare

Trip type: Travelled with family
Arrow M, Marketing E at Arrow On Swanston, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Dear PlaceCritic909,

Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience while staying with us.
As our facilities may not be spacious and luxury, we always try our best to provide the service and facilities for convenient stay at our a budget and compact size apartment.
However, it is disappointed that the service did not meet your expectation.
Regarding to the customer service issue, please provide more information to reservations@arrowonswanston.com.au and we can investigate further.

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

This is a bit of a tale but needs to be said.
I made an error on booking. Work stopped me coming for two days so I rebooked for one day, went to cancel my first booking but I'd missed my free cancellation window. Yep that's my fault. Oops.
Rang the hotel to explain this and was told by staff member no problems we will be able to refund the two nights as you're staying with us. Wonderful very happy. Sadly that wasn't told to any other staff member. So when my request was rejected I was a bit upset.
After several phone calls and 3 days later the hotel offered one night refund. We accepted this and stayed two nights so we didn't lose out.
I wanted to hate this place I did. But when I got there it was exactly as advertised. Wasn't huge but we knew that before coming. Beds were comfortable, good air conditioning and heating, staff friendly, room was quiet. Cafe downstairs made great coffee. After all this my only gripe is the lack of communication from staff I originally spoke too.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear NMHoff,

Thank you for your time providing the feedback.
First of all, please accept our apologizes about the miscommunication and caused the inconvenient issue for you. It will be brought up to the management for our improvement in the future.
However, it is our pleasure to hear you did end up enjoy your stay at Arrow on Swanston.
We wish to have a chance to accommodate you once again in the future and you are welcome to book direct at accommodation@arrowonswanston.com.au to ensure that your booking will be looked after by our team directly.

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

Poor check in service

Advised parking was extra even though they advised had parking

Building under renovations

Parking not able to be accessed through building

3 person room the size of a 1 br

Room view over access lane way full of rubbish

Would have cancelled booking on the above but no option

Cheap but not cheerful