“Perfect Group Dining Experience”

Rice Paper Scissors
Ranked #7 of 8,202 Restaurants in Melbourne
Price range: AU$45 - AU$65
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Description: Rice Paper Scissors offers a punchy, share-style menu influenced by traditional South East Asian flavours. Guests will experience bold street food-inspired dining that showcases the very best in local produce. Indulge in our twice-cooked sticky pork belly, smothered in tamarind caramel or perhaps our sashimi grade, cured South Australian kingfish nestled on crisp prawn crackers. Rice Paper Scissors' mouth-watering menu is also partnered with signature cocktails, craft beers, and curated wines. Motivated by the excitable snapping of chopsticks and clinking of glassware. Rice Paper Scissors is a restaurant that prides itself on creating a space for guests to indulge in not only its menu but the company of others.
Reviewed 30 August 2019 via mobile

Firstly would recommend booking as the venue isn't huge and sure gets busy! The waitress suggested that we each pick a dish each that way we get a bit of everything. This was a great suggestion and we actually couldn't finish everything in our 5 course meal. The ribs were my absolute favorite. Would go back just for these ribs! We all loved the dessert too, beautifully served inside a dragon fruit. They have a great selection of cocktails too! My pictures are of the espresso martini which was set alight at my table and a really tasty lychee cocktail. We were only in Melbourne for a couple of days and so glad we had one of our dinners here.

Reviewed 26 August 2019 via mobile

Hi everyone,
I came here with my partner for our anniversary and the service was beautiful. As soon as we walked in I was great by this gorgeous girl who was so happy and clearly loved her job.
The food was fantastic and the cocktails we made perfectly. I was fussy with some orders and the team catered to all my needs. The vibe especially was noted.
I will recommend this to all of my acquaintances.

Reviewed 24 August 2019 via mobile

We were greeted by a welcoming host and perched comfortably at the bar. Everything we ordered was delicious, accompanied by great Vietnamese beer. A fabulous lunch.

Reviewed 21 August 2019 via mobile

Went there with my parents before Harry Potter. Was genuinely impressed with the service, and food and the atmosphere. The food came out quickly and perfectly cooked. At first I was thinking it was too expensive, but as soon as the first dish came out, I knew it had paid for itself!!
Delicious and worth it!

Reviewed 20 August 2019 via mobile

Consistently delicious -love the food , love the cocktails.
Only drawback is no coffee.
We return again and again.

1  Thank WattleGirl14