“Fantastic first visit!”

Price range: AU$45 - AU$65
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Description: Rice Paper Scissors offers a punchy, share-style menu influenced by traditional South East Asian flavours. Guests will experience bold street food-inspired dining that showcases the very best in local produce. Indulge in our twice-cooked sticky pork belly, smothered in tamarind caramel or perhaps our sashimi grade, cured South Australian kingfish nestled on crisp prawn crackers. Rice Paper Scissors' mouth-watering menu is also partnered with signature cocktails, craft beers, and curated wines. Motivated by the excitable snapping of chopsticks and clinking of glassware. Rice Paper Scissors is a restaurant that prides itself on creating a space for guests to indulge in not only its menu but the company of others.
Reviewed 21 August 2019 via mobile

Went there with my parents before Harry Potter. Was genuinely impressed with the service, and food and the atmosphere. The food came out quickly and perfectly cooked. At first I was thinking it was too expensive, but as soon as the first dish came out, I knew it had paid for itself!!
Delicious and worth it!

Reviewed 20 August 2019 via mobile

Consistently delicious -love the food , love the cocktails.
Only drawback is no coffee.
We return again and again.

1  Thank WattleGirl14
Reviewed 20 August 2019

We booked early as we were going to see Harry Potter. Great that they do an early theatre booking! The food is an asian style tapas and is amazing! The cocktails are great too! We ordered one of the 5 dishes for 2 to share and it was excellent! So great you can choose the dishes you want rather than a standard set menu. A great range of vegan options as well! Would highly recommend!

Date of visit: June 2019
2  Thank Bec131
Reviewed 18 August 2019

The food is amazing, the staff are fantastic! We were looked after by Travis, fantastic service looked after us to perfection. We will be back!

Reviewed 17 August 2019 via mobile

We came here after reading great reviews online but honestly would not come back or recommend to anyone. We ordered the Roti to start and it was just 1 piece that we had to break into pieces ourselves. Could have been cut prior for easier sharing. The first of 5 dishes to share between 2 was a plate with 2 lone king prawns in a sauce, that's it not even a garnish. 1 prawn each. At least It was very tasty thankfully. Second dish was eggplant in batter with a side salad and not bad but mostly for my friend who is vegetarian. Third dish was barramundi with Apple and cashew salad. It had nice flavours and was a good serve for tapas size. Fourth dish was supposed to be Wagyu beef but was so fatty and grisly I couldn't eat it. Fifth dish was Thai chicken but again mostly crispy fatty skin on a tiny wing bone with around 2-3cms of actual chicken meat. I picked off what little meat I could and left all the fatty skin. I guess if you get lucky and choose the right dishes you might not go home hungry like we did. My friend had a wine and she said it was one of the worst she's ever had. I didnt think and it was worth trying anymore dishes to fill my hunger so we went for a lovely dessert elsewhere. We left hungry and disappointed. My friend shouted me for a birthday dinner and even gave them a $10 tip because she felt sorry for the waitstaff (and she is just awesome like that) but regretted it as we walked away trying to understand how the place could get good reviews. She felt bad that it was so disappointing and I felt bad that she had paid good money for it.