“Exceeded my expectations!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Melbourne, Australia
“Exceeded my expectations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

If you are looking for 5 star service, in every aspect of a hotel then go to The Langham. I was staying as part of a wedding being held there, and I drove the Groom in. From the Valet parking to checking in (which we did early and they were totally fine with that) to the BUTLER service (for the Groom) and even though I did not have that service per se, whenever I needed anything, ANYTHING at all (at one stage I needed scissors) the staff ran around for me/us. Even to the point of going to my car to check for something I had forgot in there. Every detail was catered for. I needed and wanted for nothing. Dialling 1 on the phone in my room got me to reception where I was always greeted by name and anything I wanted or needed catered for. Honestly, it was exceptional service!
I can not fault them. If you are looking for a place where even the cleaning staff always greet you, the staff respond to your EVERY need, the food is AMAZING (Naan bread made on the SPOT) and the rooms, the ROOMS! I haven't even mentioned the actual rooms. It was lovely, the decor refreshing, perfect bedding, Massive room, every single need and whim catered for. Mouth wash, bath salts, a plethora of extras all the time. When I went to get my car from Valet parking they had put a bottle of water in there with a note saying "One for the road".
Honestly, I loved my stay. I was there for a day and night and I can't rave about it enough. I loved it so much I am becoming an Advantage Club member. It's worth going even once. Also it is sooooo close to South bank that in about one minute walking you are there or at the sky deck. Thanks to everyone at The Langham! We had the best, best time and night. We all met (the guests who stayed overnight met for breakfast with the Bride and Groom the next day) for breakfast and it was Awesome.

Room Tip: I was on the 23rd floor. Awesome views. I had 2 king single beds, it was a HUGE room. They are all g...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Fliosi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,371)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

Good: Location; decor (faux sumptuous - although rooms look like they're getting a little tired); amenities and toiletries; breakfast (fantastic choice and lovely views over the river); service (free bottle of water when car returned from valet (but see "Bad", below)); good water pressure in the bathroom and adjustable spray shower head; comfortable bed (although the Sofitel pillows are better); shoe shine service.

Bad: Valet parking really expensive at $45 (just park it yourself across the road - $10 overnight) and had to wait a while for return even though we had phoned earlier as suggested; noise from the street (City Road? Are the windows not double glazed?); bathroom and shower not the biggest; wi-fi at $30 a day.

Room Tip: Try and get a City or River view room.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
DavidLM_LanghamMelb, Guest Relations Manager at The Langham, responded to this review, 3 March 2012
Thank you for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed the location on Southbank and the classically elegant décor – ask for our updated Grand Rooms on your next visit. We do have packages available which include valet parking and internet access as well – just ask our Reservations staff and they will be happy to suggest some options. We do hope to see you again at some stage.
David Landis-Morse
Guest Services Manager
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

The Langham lived up to all expectations. We have stayed there quite a number of times now. This time was by far the most special.

We stayed in a luxury terrace suite as part of a more pricey package.

The premium was worth every cent.

As usual, the hotel staff were by far the most helpful and courteous of anywhere we had stayed before. They made this stay even more special as we had our special day there.

We had our wedding reception at Melba. Everyone commented on how great the food was. The lobster was a stand out.

Overall, we couldn't have wished for a better stay than we had at the Langham. It would take a mammoth effort for its nearest competitor to even be close!

Room Tip: Pay the premium - worth every cent. The Langham Advantage Club entitles you to more privileges.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ben S
Greater London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

We stayed in a classic room overlooking the river. The room was spacious and well equipped, but did not have much space for more than one large suitcase. The beds with deep mattress toppers and soft pillows are just SO comfortable. The in house bottled water was overpriced at $10, but we managed without it. The bathroom was spacious and well equipped and everything was kept well stocked.
Breakfast was very good, but lacked the variety of other 5* hotels we have stayed in. The staff were friendly but the service levels varied between excellent and poor. On our last morning I had to walk up to the restaurant supervisor to order drinks after waiting 15 minutes, and then it was another 15 minutes and one reminder before they arrived.
However, all other staff on other days and in the rest of the hotel were great.

This place is very good and so well located - highly recommended.

Room Tip: High floor and river views are a must.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Philly
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

I have stayed in some world class hotels and the langham Melbourne certainly ranks right up there with the best. great location, staff, and best breakfast one could have. Comfy rooms and turn down service is great.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business