“Generally great”

Hobart, Australia
“Generally great”
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Stayed here two nights.
Room was very comfortable with everything working and clean.

Had room service on the first night and it was quite nice and quick. The $5 charge is a little expensive. Room service did not answer the phone on the 2nd night - reception said they would call back. They did not call after 5 mins so I had to ring again. I needed to be somewhere so rang for them to remove the table. As I had to leave I rang a second time to be told that someone was on the way up. In the end I had to leave.

The very disappointing part of my stay was the room was not serviced when I returned after a long day at 4.30pm. I had a look to see if the trolleys were still on the floor and a staff member arranged for it to be cleaned. So I had to go back out again - getting cold and windy by this time. I was looking forward to a shower and rest before going out.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
DavidLM_LanghamMelb, Guest Relations Manager at The Langham, responded to this review, 21 September 2011
Thank you for your review. We’re pleased you liked the rooms and that the room service meal met with your approval. We have also received your feedback directly. I apologise for the delays in servicing, which we will take up with the departments concerned. We trust you will have the opportunity to return again soon.
David Landis-Morse
Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,385)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Thornton, Australia
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Stayed here two nights in September for my birthday, had a Classic King Room. Very nice, bed very comfortable & room nice & quiet. Lovely touches like turning down bed at night, & placing slippers by bed. with complimentary water bottles. Room a nice size for a hotel room. Staff all very friendly & helpful from check in onwards.

Had a drink in the Aria Bar which had a singer, nice touch. Ate at Melbas Brasserie, buffet, all you could want to eat. Well presented & not crowded.

Location perfect so close to everything, enjoyed our stay there.

Room Tip: River View room would be nice.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Luxurious from the moment you step through the door, meals excellent. Very comfortable room, classy extras. Great location on southbank.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 17 September 2011

The Langham was so good when we stayed there in 2009 that we just had to go back when we went to Melbourne for a four night trip. It was a great choice! The trip was to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary and we were upgraded to a River View room. The hotel also sent a cake to our room to wish us happy anniversary, nice!

Breakfast was included in our rates, the buffet is excellent.

I arrived on an early morning flight from L.A. and was met by a friend who lives in Victoria, with my husband flying in from Perth later that afternoon. My friend was so impressed by The
Langham that she booked to stay there later in the year - I know she will enjoy the lovely ambience, super friendly service and all the beautiful pinkness of the toiletries!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank spiny84
Dalby
Reviewed 16 September 2011

What a truly wonderful experience. The overall appearance of the hotel with its amazing entrance and the genuine service and friendliness by all staff is to be aspired too. The little touches each and every night was such a pleasant experience. I recommend this destination highly if you want an enjopyable stay next time you are visiting Melbourne.

Room Tip: The king room is just so spacious and is all that every traveller needs, especially the bath.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business