“Our favourite CBD breakfast place”
Review of Coffee Exchange

Coffee Exchange
Ranked #15 of 214 Coffee & Tea in Melbourne
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Whenever we stay in the city we have breakfast here. The food is innovative and excellent. Service is swift, efficient and friendly. Everyone smiles and nothing is too much trouble. We were shown to a table and 30 seconds later another waitress brought us menus and apologised for the wait!! She took our coffee order straight away, then another staff member came to take our food order - she didn't mind that my partner wanted more time. We did not have to wait long for either the coffees or the food and when it came it was delicious. My partner had the Eggschange, which is one of the best crowded plates I have ever seen and I had the Thai pancakes with berries, yoghurt and lime syrup. Fantastic - and when I checked under the top pancake, the bottom one also had lime syrup on it, which is the kind of attention to detail that can make a meal more enjoyable. This place is amazing in terms of service and quality. In warm weather, it is nice to eat outside.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Coffee Exchange is in Little Collins Street, near the corner of Spring Street, just down from the grand old Hotel Windsor. Coffee Exchange has lots of competition, but it's a happy sort of place.Coffee Exchange is not a big place, but everyone seems to be satisfied.The young wait staff are cheerful and always obliging. You can dine inside or out. The coffee is excellent and if you just want to linger in the morning sun and read the paper, that's fine.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

The food and coffee here are both pretty good and I enjoyed my breakfast. The only challenge was the staff. My server got the order wrong and walked around a stack of dirty dishes on tables for the entire hour I was in the cafe!

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Great smiles,small pleasurable cafe with ultra fresh cabinet food. The bagel was so tasty and side salad one of the best I’ve had world wide. The dressing was sweet salty and just the right of oil so not overpowering the freshness of this delightful side salad. While it was just a bagel Someone had put a lot of thought into the flavour combination and it was superb. And as for the coffee I died and went to heaven, need I say more. Don’t be put off by the exterior walk into the interior and you will be so glad you did. I totally recommend this cafe.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

Came across the cafe by chance whilst in the CBD searching for somewhere to have breakfast. Everyone enjoyed the meal and the friendly atmosphere. We had a mix of excellent coffee, hot chocolates, chia bircher, porridge, salmon bagel and pancakes.