“Great stay ! Amazing location and the top floor is great”

Mantra City Central
Ranked #98 of 161 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 14 July 2017

My story choosing this place to stay is open the Google maps and just pick one hotel in the central and the price per stay is also within my budget and decided to book.

When the times is come for me to check-in, the location is amazing in the shopping district and easy access to anywhere in Melbourne. If you are heavy shopper, H&M is just in front of you! The staff handling my check-in and baggage deposit is also extremely helpful and friendly. After check-in I decide to check my room, I doesn't realize that my room is in the top floor and its just surprise me that the room has 3 storey. First is the living room and kitchen with dining table + laundry room, second floor is the bed room with 1 addtional single bedded room, and third floor is outdoor seating with a view of Melbourne skyline. It was a winter season, but I really enjoy the wind and the view in the rooftop. The room is spacious enough and its comes with the BEST price!

Great stay, keep up the great service!

Cheers!

Room Tip: Request top floor if available
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
GMMantraCityCentral, General Manager at Mantra City Central, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Dear Yohanes B,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay.
It is very nice to read how much you enjoyed your time with us and our team were found to be helpful and friendly.
I will be sure to share your kind words with them.
I hope we will be able to have you back again soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

The BEST location ever! Central to everything you need and right in the hub of the shopping district! The rooms have a lot of character and have a New York loft style feel. The staff were very friendly and provided wonderful knowledge of the area.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and will be back!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Dear Michwood,

Thank you for you review or your recent stay with Mantra City Central.
I am very happy you enjoyed our central location and found our staff to be friendly and knowledgeable.
I look forward to welcoming you back again for another stay soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

The location is incredible and we would stay here over and over again if you were able to offer a way for pram access without taking out a sleeping child and dragging the pram up 7 steps. We were so disappointed there was no other option. Everything amazing aside from this one problem!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear abbyleeb2017,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay.
I am glad you enjoyed out our central location, but offer my apologies for the issues experienced with your pram. Sadly as we are a heritage listed building we are limited to the change we can make to our building and as such we do not have any ramps or similar access.
I hope this has not influenced to heavily on your overall stay and hope we are able to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

Fantastic location for shopping sight seeing food and entertainment and transport
A sense of history not just a standard 'box' hotel room
Extremely friendly and courteous staff who go out of their way to assist

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear JCF963,

Thank you for your review.
I am very happy to read how much you enjoyed your stay and our beautiful historic hotel.
I will be sure to pass on your kind words to our staff.
I look forward to welcoming you back for another stay again soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

Room had bad odour of cigarettes. Reviews state this has been the case for sometime. Dirty room with leftover drinks from last people. Walls and bath dirty. Friendly staff who were helpful and excellent location.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GMMantraCityCentral, General Manager at Mantra City Central, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Dear Shelto3,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.
I am very proud to hear of how you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. While I already believe this, it is nice to hear it from our guest as well.
I am very sorry you found cleanliness of your room was not up to standard and I will be following this up with our housekeeping team immediately.

I hope we get a chance to have you here again to improve our overall impression.